The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whitehouse Visit

Sbriggs

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Shed light on which issue? 

What issue? Be exact. 

Wtf, I've said many times that I am an idiot, not the answer to everything. Why'd you say that?

You are a great example of why you can't fix stupid

4 hours ago, Tystick said:

Okay fine, we stand together in unison to sing the anthem and celebrate the country.

These football players are disrespecting that. They don't like Trump and want to push a political narrative. Pathetic.

Regardless of who's right, what's the point? Because the anthem is somehow not about the country it's okay to disrespect it?

When it comes to declared wars, the soldiers very much fight for the flag because the flag represents the freedom of country and they must fight to keep that freedom alive.

I agree with your anger when it comes to undeclared wars. That's separate to this issue though.

Who's rights and freedoms no longer apply? The rich football players?

Oh please.

No one's disagreeing that racism has existed but it's largely corrected and is very rare today. Please, show me these facts I'm ignorant of.

Which non whites are disadvantaged? The NFL, NBA, and music industry are filled with black millionaires.

Could it be that maybe the black community has a very high violent crime rate and the community should clean itself up before crying institutional racism.? Ask any hard working person who happens to be black, they don't agree with your narrative. They're just as advantaged as anyone else.

Just because there is inequality in wealth between different ethnic groups, does not automatically mean there is racial discrimination. For example, Indian Americans are the richest in America.

Oh and please point to me where I can cash in on my white privilege, I'm still trying to find it.

Please present the evidence proving that all black people are pulled over at gun point, and all white people are pulled over with a casual registration request.

I don't see how Trump wants me to hate the black community? That doesn't make any sense. Even if he out right stated that in the media, I would disagree with him strongly.

I've not been manipulated, I can think for myself. I don't agree with everything Trump says or does.

I think you're the one that's been manipulated.

Stop watching CNN and MSNBC.

For you to say that racism is “rare” these days IS a sign of your white privilege.  The reason why YOU don’t think racism is a real thing is because you ARE white and it doesn’t happen to YOU or anyone around you.  I find your statement about “hard-working black people” completely disingenuous because I don’t believe for a second you actually know a black person personally because if you did, they’d tell you otherwise.

And that’s the problem with the Crosby and the Pens.  They desperately want to be politically “neutral”, but:

1) being “neutral” on racial issues is already a form of white privilege—like you, it doesn’t affect them or anyone they know personally, and

2) the current political climate generated by 45 means there is no “safe middle ground” for the Crosby, the Pens and the NHL to hide in.  Again, if you don’t condemn what’s going on, you’re condoning it

---

Like I said, I’m NOT white.  Racism is worse now than it has been for decades, it’s as bad as it was during the mid-80s, maybe worse.  I don’t have to watch CNN or whatever to know that—I live with it everyday.  I HAVE been arrested as a young man just for being the wrong colour and not just once or twice.  I have constantly had my opinions dismissed because of my colour, even when it comes to something as mundane as hockey—I can’t count the number of times some white guy said to me, “WTF do YOUR people know about hockey???  Shut the hell up!”

And if you don't think 45 has been inciting and encouraging racism: well, you're hiding your head in the sand and ignoring the obvious.  That or you have a five-second attention span and have already forgotten Charlottesville, Arpaio and numerous other things.

2 hours ago, Undrafted said:

For you to say that racism is “rare” these days IS a sign of your white privilege.  The reason why YOU don’t think racism is a real thing is because you ARE white and it doesn’t happen to YOU or anyone around you.  I find your statement about “hard-working black people” completely disingenuous because I don’t believe for a second you actually know a black person personally because if you did, they’d tell you otherwise.

And that’s the problem with the Crosby and the Pens.  They desperately want to be politically “neutral”, but:

1) being “neutral” on racial issues is already a form of white privilege—like you, it doesn’t affect them or anyone they know personally, and

2) the current political climate generated by 45 means there is no “safe middle ground” for the Crosby, the Pens and the NHL to hide in.  Again, if you don’t condemn what’s going on, you’re condoning it

---

Like I said, I’m NOT white.  Racism is worse now than it has been for decades, it’s as bad as it was during the mid-80s, maybe worse.  I don’t have to watch CNN or whatever to know that—I live with it everyday.  I HAVE been arrested as a young man just for being the wrong colour and not just once or twice.  I have constantly had my opinions dismissed because of my colour, even when it comes to something as mundane as hockey—I can’t count the number of times some white guy said to me, “WTF do YOUR people know about hockey???  Shut the hell up!”

And if you don't think 45 has been inciting and encouraging racism: well, you're hiding your head in the sand and ignoring the obvious.  That or you have a five-second attention span and have already forgotten Charlottesville, Arpaio and numerous other things.

I'm only commenting on the part about the Penguins because I think your opinion is tad unfair.  None of the Penguins said they're neutral on racial issues, they said they were neutral on the fued between Trump and the NFL players.  And I can guarantee if any of them were asked directly about racism, they would ALL say they condemn it.

Just because you find accepting a trip to the White House somehow synonymous with condoning racism, that doesn't make it so.

3 hours ago, Mr.53 said:

It's not about zillionare athletes. They stand up for the people who don't have a voice. If the poor or powerless stand, they don't get cameras shown nationwide. If a powerful celebrity does, they do.

I'm standing up for the millions of blacks that do have to live in fear that they could be killed while unarmed. The numbers don't lie. Black people are much more likely to be killed while unarmed by police officers. Whatever reasoning you want to give, you give. But when you talk about evidence: Tamir Rice, Alton Sterling, Eric Garner, Freddie Gray, Laquan McDonald, Sandra Bland, Walter Scott, Mike Brown, Philando Castille, etc. The constitution of the United States gaurantees all of them due process, as well as the right to no cruel and unusual punishment. According to the supreme court, and literally centuries of precedent, that goes to mean that they have a right to due process, before execution. None of them were gauranteed that right, but rather had, that and their lives taken. If you truly believe in rule of law, both legal, and moral law, then you have to see that these people were denied a basic fundamental constitutional and humanitarian right. That's why Kaepernick took a knee, and that's why I hoped to see my canadian athletes support.

It's the responsibility of the powerful to take care of those who can't. Or at least morally it should be. So yes, celebrities than don't see the everyday effects of oppression, usually do to their wealth, should do as Kaepernick did and stand/kneel for those who aren't in his situation and don't have millions. Obama and Oprah fought through the battles growing up, and made it to the other side. So yes, it is especially their responsibility to try and make the gap a little bit bigger for those after them. But secret club of nazis? Uh ok. Whose the nazi's? If you are referring to Trump, and insinuating that I called him a nazi, you are mistaken. But no, he did attack Kaepernick, his free speech rights, gauranteed by the first amendment of the American constitution, as well as the rights for all the players. As the leader of a country, that's unnacceptable. If Crosby isn't going to do it for the Kaepernick like reasons, at least do it based on the idea of free speech. You can't let the president encourage, or support the idea of disciplining someone for what they say. That is unconstitutional and wrong. He's not a normal citizen, he is the head of the government.

Basically. there are many reason's not to go. But unity is the biggest one. Crosby is a man about community. Who seems to care about the general welfare of his community. Just ask any person in Pittsburgh. The entire NFL, and now coaches, and owners, and entire teams have seen, this man is a divider. Once he doesn't like what you have to say, he will come at you, and seek to single you out. Divide and conquer is his go too. And that's why NFL teams and management stood in unison. That's why the Warriors and Steph are in unison. That's why even Lebron is coming to his arch rivals defence in unity. All I'm saying is I hoped Crosby, and more Canadian athletes, especially being that many of them spend their whole careers in the states, would be able to see why it's important as well. 

You need any more education, or you good?

No, just looking for real perspectives, as I have my own and want to hear all sides.

That was not an education. I think you are grossly misinformed, which seems to be the norm for people with the most to say.

Millions of "black people" live in fear, you say. Then maybe the gangsta rap culture of single welfare moms should stop blaming everybody else for their personal decisions. The scariest thing a black person could possible run into in an alley is another "black person". 

Have you ever looked critically at the BLM ideology and sought out the details? There are plenty of details out there and folks who explain it better than I ever will.

If and when you find racism out there, do something about it, all of you, but to rely on 3rd hand boogie man stories, as adults, is saddening for Humanity. 

3 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Queue the I still dont understand. Need to explain better. What is this mean, what does that mean etc, Hillary this, illegal aliens killing everyone that, various whataboutisms... Its on purpose and used frequently by eastern European bot nets (like the ones Trump keeps re-tweeting) and people that dont have a valid argument to counter you.  

Just show me where Trump is a racist and I will concede your point. 

2 hours ago, Undrafted said:

---

Are you living in .Canada?

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Just show me where Trump is a racist and I will concede your point. 

Jesus. He called Mexican people murderers and rapists. He called actual Nazis "some very good people". He inferred that a Muslim woman (a grieving gold star mom) wasn't allowed to talk. Give it a Goog bud. He's racist. 

3 hours ago, tkanuk said:

Hi! Sorry to barge in on your conversation, but there's just so much wrong here. Racism is largely corrected today? I'd love to see some proof of THAT. Here are 15 studies that say otherwise: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/civil-rights-act-anniversary-racism-charts_n_5521104 There are many more. A simple search will turn those up. Systemically, people of colour do worse off financially than white people. That's a fact. "Black millionaires" doesn't change that. And have you closed your eyes to the hundreds (or thousands? or millions?) of examples of injustices against Black people at the hands of the police in America? Why is that happening?

And why do YOU think there is more crime in Black neighbourhoods? Are Black people inherently more violent? I'd love to know your answer, and I'd love for you to back it up with research?  

Maybe you don't feel privileged as a white person. I don't know why. But overall, white people make more money, own more property, have a higher rate of education, are more likely to be hired for jobs, are more likely to get a decent rental apartment, are more likely to get accepted to a gifted program or university, etc etc etc. These are facts.

I'll leave the trump stuff for someone else. Cant even bear it. 

Individuals make their own decisions.

Tell me why you think the black community is made poor by racist intentions from the boogie man. Is it a culture thing or is it racism done by, White People?

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Individuals make their own decisions.

Tell me why you think the black community is made poor by racist intentions from the boogie man. Is it a culture thing or is it racism done by, White People?

Where do I mention boogie man? Our economic systems and institutions were built by white men to favor white members. Now you answer my questions. 

15 minutes ago, tkanuk said:

Jesus. He called Mexican people murderers and rapists. He called actual Nazis "some very good people". He inferred that a Muslim woman (a grieving gold star mom) wasn't allowed to talk. Give it a Goog bud. He's racist. 

Wasn't that claim somehow related to the statistical disadvantages of America's illegal alien Mexican population being a burden on USA tax payers?

Seems like each time I read something about this guy, it's out of context or slanted.

Dont get me wrong, I think he is a POS, I hate him and that POS Clinton. I hate almost everyone, so no dog in the fight. I'm trying to understand how people like us come to their opinions. Some this are just factually wrong and ridiculous and anything wrong is a white guy's fault. People are so easily divided.... now over football and if you should boo the anthem. 

7 minutes ago, tkanuk said:

Where do I mention boogie man? Our economic systems and institutions were built by white men to favor white members. Now you answer my questions. 

To favour Whites? Seriously? Not only is that a racist claim by you, but it's 2017, not 1717. 

At least you can admit that this place was built by white people, as the majority continue to do today. That's a start.

The boogie man is the institutional racism that is holding back every colour except white out there.

Where do you live? Have you seen employers, universities, governments and institutions having white-racist policies that oppress other colours of skin?

14 minutes ago, tkanuk said:

And Trump called McCain a loser for getting caught, and giving in to torture.  Does that mean Trump hates Scottish Americans too?  Trump is consistent.  He says what he feels, about EVERYONE, regardless of cultural heritage.

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you living in .Canada?

I'm interested to hear first hand oppression stories.

Im white, so mine won't count. Like a poster said in here, I haven't a right to...

Still, I fight racism and think we all do. Hence, who is this boogie man racist org/institution I keep see being insinuated or just taking knees for. 

I just cant see who the message is for. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Trump called McCain a loser for getting caught, and giving in to torture.  Does that mean Trump hates Scottish Americans too?  Trump is consistent.  He says what he feels, about EVERYONE, regardless of cultural heritage.

Did you read my examples? Are you saying they're not racist? 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

When he first started his trash talking I though, wow, this guy is an anti-politician! Awesome!

Now he is too anti-PC for his role, but maybe that's a good thing. After 911, does anyone really trust the politics of the UN? 

Why dont these chumps take a knee for Palestine? How about the cockroaches of Ruanda? The dead cops? It's just sad to see how easily divided people are. When I used to separate cattle in the Chilcotin bush, I recall they put up more of an effort to avoid the divide and conquer tactics of the Shepard. Know your enemy.  

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

To favour Whites? Seriously? Not only is that a racist claim by you, but it's 2017, not 1717. 

At least you can admit that this place was built by white people, as the majority continue to do today. That's a start.

The boogie man is the institutional racism that is holding back every colour except white out there.

Where do you live? Have you seen employers, universities, governments and institutions having white-racist policies that oppress other colours of skin?

Blacks were brought America as slaves by white people. Do you not believe there are still remnants  and effects from that time today?

how about residential schools for First Nations? Do you think remnants still exist 50 years later? Or even from BC, the potlatch law. Look it up. Is it possible that those historical actions could be felt today. 

How about out women not being able to vote? Or not able to do certain jobs? Or lead large organizations? Did those things just disappear in the past?

everything around you was built by white men for white men. Everyone else was actively and purposefully kept out. 

I think that's enough examples for now. Respond with facts please. 

Archived