The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 25, 2017 (All cleared)

11 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have not seen Curtis Valk hit the waiver wire yet in Florida?

For those who deride Benning, Florida, for example, does not enjoy the depth we do at this point? (They are better, the depth.)

I actually think he will make the Panthers.

He has already been cut per their updated camp roster.  He is not waiver eligible.  This is the first year that he has a NHL contract - he was playing on an AHL contract before.

No interesting names really but I'm crossing my fingers that Boucher clears. He is a promising player that once he figures out his weight issues, he will be a fear to play against. But with the amount of depth we have, I think Benning will pass on the options available. Most likely there's going to be some interesting names out there in the coming days

1 hour ago, mll said:

They still have 20 Fs at camp eg McCann finished the year in the AHL so he is not on the main roster on CapFriendly but he is expected to make the team - they have apparently been really impressed with him so far. 

it would be great if he could make it, I was a fan of his here. 

3 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Doubt it!! He already got tough decisions to make keeping Rodin or Biega.... Virtanen or Dorsett...

This is one of those years I think we keep 2 extra forwards and only 1 extra defensemen. There's a good amount of defensemen who are kind of on the bubble on whether they could play on the team or not who are able to go to Utica and/or would clear waivers.

2 hours ago, Noseforthenet said:

This is one of those years I think we keep 2 extra forwards and only 1 extra defensemen. There's a good amount of defensemen who are kind of on the bubble on whether they could play on the team or not who are able to go to Utica and/or would clear waivers.

Benning once explained that with the travel distance it's just too challenging to only have 7Ds.  Utica is a full travel day away and in case of a late minute injury it's easier to move a D to F or play one F short than to play with only 5Ds.  

4 hours ago, mll said:

Benning once explained that with the travel distance it's just too challenging to only have 7Ds.  Utica is a full travel day away and in case of a late minute injury it's easier to move a D to F or play one F short than to play with only 5Ds.  

Still don't get the logic... when injury occurs to a D-man, we have the 7th D-man to step in while a call up is made. Never an ideal situation to dress an extra D-man as forward unless that guy is Byfuglien. 

7 hours ago, Noseforthenet said:

Yes definitely! Better to rotate the forwards than sitting 2 extra D-men most nights! 

12 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Doubt it!! He already got tough decisions to make keeping Rodin or Biega.... Virtanen or Dorsett...

Beiga is nowhere near a tough decision - he is a beast and plays the man better than any other D we have. When are people going to realise this guy is NHL for real. Dorsett is the same. I will also say I rate Rodin's chances better than Jake's just now. 

I really think Rodin is a mirror image of Boeser but he has never been fit long enough to prove it.

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So Boucher clears and ex-Canucks Shinkaruk and Corrado go on waivers today. 

Can we finally chalk this up as a trade win?  20 goal scorer for waiver wire fodder Shinkaruk?  Thanks Calgary.

Archived