The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 25, 2017 (All cleared)

36 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

We can yes, and much sooner than anyone would have thought, given how young Shink still is.

Funny reading flames fans reaction to this over at calgary schmuk . com.  The common logic there is that Granlund only put up 19 goals because he played on a bad team.  As if AHL bus rider Shink could have jumped into the lineup and put up 19 goals in the NHL. As if any plug can be put on a bad team and put up 19 goals.  Thats more goals than many of their flames golden boys put up.  Some more sober fans agree that Granlund is an upgrade on many of their bottom 6....

I have a feeling Granlund will put up even better numbers this year.  20-25 goals isnt a stretch for him.  

11 hours ago, mll said:

Benning once explained that with the travel distance it's just too challenging to only have 7Ds.  Utica is a full travel day away and in case of a late minute injury it's easier to move a D to F or play one F short than to play with only 5Ds.  

Yes. It does make sense to carry 8 D normally in the Nucks' case. However, given the depth we have on D now in both leagues and the lack of goals the team got last year, it's pretty easy to see why it would make sense to carry 2 extra forwards instead of 2 extra D. That may likely evolve as the season goes on, but right now the team needs are more important.

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Funny reading flames fans reaction to this over at calgary schmuk . com.  The common logic there is that Granlund only put up 19 goals because he played on a bad team.  As if AHL bus rider Shink could have jumped into the lineup and put up 19 goals in the NHL. As if any plug can be put on a bad team and put up 19 goals.  Thats more goals than many of their flames golden boys put up.  Some more sober fans agree that Granlund is an upgrade on many of their bottom 6....

I have a feeling Granlund will put up even better numbers this year.  20-25 goals isnt a stretch for him.  

The Flames fanbase is mostly composed of assclowns (90%), with a light sprinkling of douchenozzles (9.8%).

The remainder are decent folk with the ability to talk hockey.

51 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Yes. It does make sense to carry 8 D normally in the Nucks' case. However, given the depth we have on D now in both leagues and the lack of goals the team got last year, it's pretty easy to see why it would make sense to carry 2 extra forwards instead of 2 extra D. That may likely evolve as the season goes on, but right now the team needs are more important.

The team's need is for the young players to improve and to improve they have to play and not sit in the pressbox. 

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

Glad Reid wasn't claimed. He's got a decent set of tools and is good offensively. Hopefully he can continue to develop down in Utica and who knows, maybe he'll get a call up when injuries pile up?

Yep, very glad they have him for scoring depth.  I'd be surprised if he doesn't get at least a few games in the NHL this year.

2 hours ago, Darius71 said:

19 goals is 19 goals. If anything, playing on a bad team will decrease your stats, not the other way around. It's probably just a matter of Flames fans hating on him because of who he plays for. I wasn't sold on Granlund before last year, but he really proved me wrong. Absolute beauty trade by JB. Significantly better than the Baertschi deal IMO (but that was a good trade too).

Archived