The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 25, 2017 (All cleared)

REID BOUCHER

VAN

DUSTIN TOKARSKI

ANA

PAUL THOMPSON

VGK

CODY BASS

NSH

JORDAN SZWARZ

BOS

TOMMY CROSS

BOS

REECE SCARLETT

FLA

ALEXANDRE GRENIER

FLA

TYE MCGINN

T.B

ANDREW AGOZZINO

COL

ROCCO GRIMALDI

COL

TRENT VOGELHUBER

COL

FELIX GIRARD

COL

JOE CANNATA

COL

JESSE GRAHAM

COL

THOMAS TYNAN

VGK

MICHAEL LATTA

ARI

TYLER GAUDET

ARI

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Expecting to see some quality names hit the wire in the next 48 hours as teams finalize their cuts and rosters.

Will be interesting to see if benning does anything 

for sure. Most interesting waiver time in a while. 

I wonder if Boucher put in less of an effort hoping to go on waivers again? 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

for sure. Most interesting waiver time in a while. 

I wonder if Boucher put in less of an effort hoping to go on waivers again? 

I'd be shocked if that was the case... my Canucks homerism aside, and all that saying "Vancouver is the best place" etc for athlete to live in... there's no way he could possibly think he should put in less effort at any NHL training camp. Especially with his career on the line.

Hoping he clears and we have more depth in Utica, but not end of the world if he doesn't  

5 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I honestly just think he's not a committed athlete.

the reason I had the suspicion is a couple of teams might pick him up - FLA e.g., only has 11 Fs on the main roster right now. 

But you're probably right, I guess its always a surprise to me when guys are this close and just don't put in the extra effort. The son of one of my wife's friends is a similar kind of guy, has had plenty of chances and was even a C one year on his minor team but is just lazy on conditioning. 

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

I honestly just think he's not a committed athlete.

He said he was working hard on his cardio all summer. 

Personally, I liked what I saw out of him last year. He has potential and isn't that far off from reaching it IMO. It's hard to draw much of a conclusion off of 2 preseasons games. I think Boucher is just a victim of the numbers game. Sure, it would have helped his cause if he potted a couple but he's still a guy I want in the organization. So I really hope he clears and goes down to Utica. 

25 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

He said he was working hard on his cardio all summer. 

Personally, I liked what I saw out of him last year. He has potential and isn't that far off from reaching it IMO. It's hard to draw much of a conclusion off of 2 preseasons games. I think Boucher is just a victim of the numbers game. Sure, it would have helped his cause if he potted a couple but he's still a guy I want in the organization. So I really hope he clears and goes down to Utica. 

I took something totally different out of his game this preseason but I will agree that I hope he makes it to Utica. He would be phenomenal for their top six.

Boucher is pretty expendable IMO not the type of depth player the Canucks need. Hope he goes to Utica but I wonder if he would even crack their top 6 this year. So Meh!.. Boeser Rodin Goldobin Virtanen OR Boucher? Pretty easy choice. Honestly I think all 4 start in Utica. Rodin on a conditioning stint if they can....

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Cannata, I remember when he was one of our hopefuls before. Too bad he's not turning out.

I remember him giving up a cheesy goal in preseason a year or 2 ago. I said canata will never be an nhl goalie. Some poster reamed me out. 

I'm still winning lol.

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

I just don't think there was room for Boeser, Rodin, and Boucher. With the way Boeser and Rodin have played, not surprised Boucher got put on waivers. 

Once Vanek was signed; this was destined unless he came in remarkably good form and fitness. And fair enough to risk losing our (then) 23rd man on the depth chart for a guy who will be 7th or 10th.

And I believe Boucher will clear.  Then it will be an issue of whether he gets the memo? That he has to add some pace, and compete to his skill game.

He should make the Comets pretty dangerous though.

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the reason I had the suspicion is a couple of teams might pick him up - FLA e.g., only has 11 Fs on the main roster right now. 

But you're probably right, I guess its always a surprise to me when guys are this close and just don't put in the extra effort. The son of one of my wife's friends is a similar kind of guy, has had plenty of chances and was even a C one year on his minor team but is just lazy on conditioning. 

They still have 20 Fs at camp eg McCann finished the year in the AHL so he is not on the main roster on CapFriendly but he is expected to make the team - they have apparently been really impressed with him so far. 

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Expecting to see some quality names hit the wire in the next 48 hours as teams finalize their cuts and rosters.

Will be interesting to see if benning does anything 

Doubt it!! He already got tough decisions to make keeping Rodin or Biega.... Virtanen or Dorsett...

Archived