To VGK:

Eriksson

Goldobin

Subban

3rd Round Pick 2018

To VAN:

4th Round Pick 2018

Ya....how about no ! 

1st issue here is you just think Eriksson is just a cap problem. You are ignoring the fact he is a good player, overlayed yes but non the less he is an asset to the team and to any team.

2nd issue here is you wish to trade good young assets and a proven veteran asset as well as a 3rd round pick for a 4th ...this is probably the 2nd worse proposal I have ever seen. 

Do you even realize goody is a first round pick?

Do you not think we could get a 4th alone for Subban?

Do you just like trading high 3rd round picks away for nothing?

Do you not think if Eriksson was even willing to waive that we wouldn't be able to get at least a 2nd or 1st from a contender? 

How about we just keep our assets and not worry about a cap problem that doesn't exist .....

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes_zpsb5ae609a.gif.b66a7badc9b528819a9390b3e9b2f287.gif

On 29/09/2017 at 2:15 PM, canuckmen84 said:

Ya....how about no ! 

1st issue here is you just think Eriksson is just a cap problem. You are ignoring the fact he is a good player, overlayed yes but non the less he is an asset to the team and to any team.

2nd issue here is you wish to trade good young assets and a proven veteran asset as well as a 3rd round pick for a 4th ...this is probably the 2nd worse proposal I have ever seen. 

Do you even realize goody is a first round pick?

Do you not think we could get a 4th alone for Subban?

Do you just like trading high 3rd round picks away for nothing?

Do you not think if Eriksson was even willing to waive that we wouldn't be able to get at least a 2nd or 1st from a contender? 

How about we just keep our assets and not worry about a cap problem that doesn't exist .....

Dwight-Schrute-Shakes-Head-and-Rolls-Eyes_zpsb5ae609a.gif.b66a7badc9b528819a9390b3e9b2f287.gif

I don't think Eriksson returns a second or a first. If a team wanted him that badly they would have just outbid the Canucks while he was a free agent. Him having an off year statistically really doesn't help. 

He is a good player though and underlying statistics point to him having some bad puck luck. Paying to get rid of him is a terrible idea. Definitely better off just waiting until he has a better year and then if we want use him to acquire assets.

Was curious, you say this is the second worst proposal you've seen. What was the worst?

On 01/10/2017 at 3:25 AM, HockeydownUnder said:

I don't think Eriksson returns a second or a first. If a team wanted him that badly they would have just outbid the Canucks while he was a free agent. Him having an off year statistically really doesn't help. 

He is a good player though and underlying statistics point to him having some bad puck luck. Paying to get rid of him is a terrible idea. Definitely better off just waiting until he has a better year and then if we want use him to acquire assets.

Was curious, you say this is the second worst proposal you've seen. What was the worst?

Lol Morrissey's one was the worst.

Not sure if you recall the 1 I'm referring to..

16 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

Lol Morrissey's one was the worst.

Not sure if you recall the 1 I'm referring to..

Yep I remember now. I still think Seabrook is going to be a cap dump in 2 or 3 years ;)

I had a pretty terrible proposal a while back. Canucks and Flyers. Overvalued MacDonald by a fair bit and thought Philly was in a position to try to win a Cup.

It's easy to look at people's proposals and break down what's wrong with them.  It's hard to make a trade proposal thats fair in value, fits team needs and works under the cap

12 hours ago, HockeydownUnder said:

It's easy to look at people's proposals and break down what's wrong with them.  It's hard to make a trade proposal thats fair in value, fits team needs and works under the cap

I agree, that's why I have only made 4 proposals myself. I like proposals that are bringing in young players and draft picks and utilizing assets, not proposals like this one where we are just dumping assets for nothing .

Non the less I enjoy breaking down proposals that are ridiculous and ones that make sense for us, good times.

Archived