The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

28 minutes ago, Nail said:

D32B4082-5246-4299-9378-9648D25D3699.jpe

The Carolina Hurricanes have extended Gemel Smith to a 2 year contract worth 0.950M per year.

@Monty

Thanks Nail!

Waited quite a while to get this sent in. Gemel has been involved in a number of trade talks. However, regardless of his future with our club, I thought it necessary to lock him up.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

5EA57E1D-E9E0-468A-88DD-46C1DB13FC4A.jpeg

The Minnesota Wild have signed the following prospects:

Elias Pettersson - 3 years. $1.75M AAV

Jonah Gadjovich - 3 years. $875k AAV

Linus Olund - 3 years. $675k AAV

@Canuck Surfer

@Nail

Wahoo, happy to have some more business done, Thanks Monty!

Everyone I assume is familiar with Gadgy & EP? I still recall erasing the post we had written out drafting Owen Tippet? Just before we hit the post button. I almost pressed the button two, three times? Then going with my gut, rewrote the post & pulled the trigger on Pettersson. We had a whinge of doubt when Tippet appeared to make Flo to start last year? Its looking good ATM. We'll see how it plays out...

We are very excited to have all signed. And introduce Linus Olund, a slick & talented two way C to CDCFL. He was drafted now signed by us & the Pens last year as an over-ager. He's already had 2 & 1/2 years in the SHL where he has been among the most productive U20 players each year. We think he could be a steal for us?

11 minutes ago, Monty said:

More extensions to come later this evening/weekend.

Actually, discounts given to those willing to part with draft picks in 2018 ;) 

Tell you what, if for each round I get a 10% discount (5th = 10%, 4th = 20%, 3rd = 30%, 2nd = 40%, and 1st = 50%) on my signings for the upcoming year then I will for sure trade the Islanders 1st to you. ;) 

6 minutes ago, Tigs said:

Tell you what, if for each round I get a 10% discount (5th = 10%, 4th = 20%, 3rd = 30%, 2nd = 40%, and 1st = 50%) on my signings for the upcoming year then I will for sure trade the Islanders 1st to you. ;) 

It’s a deal.

On 5/5/2018 at 10:23 AM, Nail said:

ATTENTION ALL GMS:

I've created a survey that will help me gauge how you guys feel on certain aspects of the league. Each survey will be completed anonymously, I will have no idea who submits which response. Each question is not mandatory, if you do not feel a need to answer a question you have no obligations to do so. I would really appreciate it if you would take the time and fill this out, it'll really impact the way this league will continue to grow! Please be as honest as you can with each question!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oJ3fCvglc1EZlHeCxgnKDdVOzgIzEHoTPehHicCSh5k/edit

@gmen81 @_arby_18 @JE14 @Mimerez @BM24 @Monty @Bombastik der Teutone @maroe @winterhawks @Tony Romo @Blue Jay 22 @theminister @Boeserific @D-Money @Canuck Surfer @Patrick Kane @lethunder @Mr. Miyagi @Mike Vanderhoek @Sidney Crosby. @Intoewsables @Drouin @Tigs @Jaku @inane @Tylez @Dion Phaneuf @Primal Optimist @Squeak @Master Mind

Last chance to answer the survey and have a say in some of the decisions the league may move towards in the future.

I'll close the survey tomorrow night and I'll review the answers on Sunday.

If any other teams have any pending free agents they'd like to have removed from their sheets, you may post them and I'll get them removed as well.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:46 AM, Nail said:

Teams may retain up to 50% of a players contract for as many years as they want. In total, teams are allowed to retain parts of 3 players caphits and teams are allowed to have 3 players with a retained cap per year. The total amount of salary retained or retaining must not equate to more than 15% of the salary cap. With the salary cap currently at 75M (2017-18 season), the maximum that teams can retain or have retained is 11.25M.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:46 AM, Nail said:

6) Teams will be penalized for all players 27 years of age or older that are sent down or "buried" in the minors with a caphit exceeding 925K. The team will have to have the players salary still counting towards their cap, minus 1.025M. For example, if Player A is 27 years old and makes 1.8M, and was sent to the minors, Player A's team will be charged with a 0.775M penalty towards their cap. If Player B is 30 years old, makes 6M, and is sent to the minors, their team will be charged with a 4.975M cap penalty. 

I have adjusted a couple of our rules to mirror the real life limits.

First, teams are now allowed to retain up to 11.25M in salary cap, or receive up to 11.25M in salary cap relief per season. This number is 15% of the salary cap, and will continue to rise as we find out what our salary cap for next season will be.

Second, I have adjusted the buried cap penalty. Previously it was the player's contract minus 0.925M. This number has now been changed to 1.025M to mirror real life, and provide teams with a bit more relief.

I've adjusted the cap penalties on the spreadsheets, and will now begin to start looking at the results of the survey and provide verdicts for each of the polls, and evaluate the comments on how to improve the league.

LEAGUE SURVEY RESULTS:

There were 21 GMs that voted on these questions, a question would need 80% votes for it to implement it for our league.

#1:  Slightly tweak the scoring structure, so goals are worth more than assists. For example, a forward's goal is worth 5 points and an assist is 4 points. For a defenceman, a goal is 6 points and an assist is 5 points. This would make scoring goals slightly more valuable.

Spoiler

In Favour of Implementing: 14 Votes

Would not want to Implement: 5 Votes

No Preference: 2 Votes

Total: 14 out of 19 votes (74%)

Verdict: Will not be implemented for 2018-19 season.

#2:  Create a starting goaltenders list at the end of each season. Each team will only be allowed to have 1 player on their list at all times.

Spoiler

In Favour of Implementing: 13 Votes

Would not want to Implement: 3 Votes

No Preference: 5 Votes

Total: 13 out of 16 votes (81%)

Verdict: Will be implemented for 2018-19 season.

#3:  Tweak the injured reserve requirements, and allow players injured with a concussion to be placed on injured reserve regardless of their real life status (day-to-day, week-to-week, out indefinitely)

Spoiler

In Favour of Implementing: 14 Votes

Would not want to Implement: 0 Votes

No Preference: 7 Votes

Total: 14 out of 14 Votes (100%)

Verdict: Will be implemented for 2018-19 season.

#4:  Only allow for each team to designate 1 goaltender to receive points in the playoffs per round. This would make sure teams don't have a great advantage having two active goaltenders.

Spoiler

In Favour of Implementing: 7 Votes

Would not want to Implement: 10 Votes

No Preference: 4 Votes

Total: 7 out of 17 votes (41%)

Verdict: Will not be implemented for 2018-19 season.

#5:  Restrict teams from loading up on top 6 forwards or top 4 defenceman by implementing a TOI limit. (Example: Combined average TOI must be less than X for Forwards and less than Y for Defenceman)

Spoiler

In Favour of Implementing: 4 Votes

Would not want to Implement: 12 Votes

No Preference: 5 Votes

Total: 4 out of 16 votes (25%)

#6:  Implement a rule stating teams must have at least 12 NHL forwards, 6 NHL defenceman and 2 NHL goaltenders on their roster (Injuries included). This rule would be more suited towards the bottom teams in the league.

Spoiler

In Favour of Implementing: 15 Votes

Would not want to Implement: 5 Votes

No Preference: 1 Vote

Total: 15 out of 20 votes (75%)

The Injured Reserve change will be effective immediately. It should really help out with some of the uncertainties next season.

The starting goaltender list will be released shortly as well.

I have a cunning idea that may not be popular whatsoever but I am gonna pitch it anyway for maybe talking about at next years survey: 

No matter what happens after the final NHL game of the season and our points totals are counted for the year and the playoff teams are decided et cetera, but before another moment passes: the worst team in the league's GM is fired by their owners. 

Not banned from the game just fired. They could get in the "pool" of GM's awaiting a team and apply to have a job when the next opening comes but the top applicant waiting in the wings inherits a team with a top draft pick or the goods from trading that pick away and carries on. The fired GM will eventually be back GM'ing another team, or not, depending on their application to the executive. Its a bit of a next level rule..so i dunno if it would get any traction but it is 100% aimed at tanking and 'not doing all you can do' to keep your team above worst in the league. 

; )

OH SHOOT...reading this back half an hour later I really want to add that it didn't even occur to me who may have come in last this year: this is 100% NOT about that, or anyone here. I love all you folks! This is just a general ..."in five or six years now of playing fantasy hockey this would be the one thing I don't really like but everyone seems to do if their team doesn't have a hope of the playoffs: tank and try to get the best pick". and in no way is it aimed at anyone who has ever come in last...and I don't even recall who is bottom this year, so it certainly isn't about you. thank you.

Archived