The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

Very excited to have Patric and Lars sign with is. Hopeful that we have another signing or two go our way. These two are going to help us become a respectable, competitive team again.

Hurricanes OTB

With Derek Ryan, Mike Smith, Michael Frolik, and Rasmus Andersson on my club, last year’s UFA signing, Spencer Foo, is in the outside looking in, now.

Foo OTB.

1. After receiving an offer sheet last year, teams have been contacting the Colorado Avalanche regarding Haydn Fleury. He cannot officially be traded until July 2nd. At which point, it is said that talks will resume with teams looking to bolster their blueline. What does Haydn have to say about this? "I love playing for Colorado. But as long as I get to play in the NHL, I'm happy."

2. At a charity golf tournament in Miami, I overheard Keith Kinkaid and Patrick Kane talking about unsigned teammate and RFA, Jordan Martinook. Apparently the Canadian doesn't feel apart of the lineup as much as others in the locker room. Didn't get the feeling that he was not liked, just would like to have another Canadian to hang out with and discuss beaver(tails) with. If I had to guess, a trade is likely in the works.

3. I have it on good authority that Leon Draisaitl is very much available in Colorado. What's the asking price? This is a team that was an absolute force in the playoffs this year, and without the services of Draisaitl. Should he be back in the show next year, he's a difference maker.

4. Word out of the Marc-Edouard Vlasic's camp is that he's not close to making a decision. He's received a few offers, but according to his agent, "Nothing enticing enough." When I asked how long he expected this to last, he laughed and said, "That's up to the GMs, not me."

5. I can confirm that Los Angeles had an offer on the table for Justin Williams, but it has since been pulled. When I asked his agent, @Monty replied, "Bush league." Williams is now looking to sign with a division rival just to stick it to the City of Angels.

6. This has got to sting. After turning down an AAV well over $4M to remain with the Hurricanes in March, apparently the market that is so desperate for defensemen has no interest in Dmitri Kulikov

7. Been told that Carolina and Tampa were deep in discussions last night in regards to trading Jakub Voracek and Nino Niederreiter. They were trying to get a 3rd team involved to help with salary retention, but nothing came to fruition. 

8. Brett Pesce was unsuccessfully offer sheeted yesterday. Have to wonder how long he and teammate Cody Ceci remain unsigned for.

9. A Western Conference GM in Canada has told me that the reason Calgary has been shopping Wayne Simmonds is because of the upcoming contract extensions to Jake Guenztal and Pavel Buchnevich. "McDavid, Price, Larkin, Horvat? Now add those two on top. I don't see how he makes it fit."

10. Apparently the Minnesota Wild have entertained the idea of moving Victor Rask. "I had discussed a possible trade leading up to the deadline, but nothing materialised. Perhaps I should have been a little more aggressive." This is not the first I've heard about teams inquiring about the affordable and productive forward.

B69FD8E5-017E-4B37-9303-4C2CF38F257C.jpe

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed the following prospects to entry level contracts:

Libor Sulak: 2 years, $0.650M per year

Nathan Smith: 3 years, $0.650M per year

Martin Bakos: 1 year, $0.750M
Mac Holloway: 3 years, $0.675M per year

@Monty

31 minutes ago, Monty said:

766D98F7-7924-49EE-A760-790B0932F0BC.jpeg

The Las Vegas Golden Knights have signed defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic to a 4 year contract, worth $23.75M ($5.75M AAV).

@Nail

Pleased to have Vlasic choose us as his new destination for the next 4 seasons. We feel he'll be an excellent D Partner and mentor for 1st overall pick Rasmus Dahlin.

With just under 13M cap remaining (after we sign Dahlin), and not many other free agents we'd be interested in adding, Vegas could look at acquiring a forward, and can take on a big salaried forward if teams are looking to dump them. Let me know if interested!

Blackhawks  Updated  NHL Roster

Lee Anders - Ryan Strome - Dustin Brown

Andrew Cogliano - Frans Nielsen - Kevin Labanc

Tobias Rieder - Tom Pyatt - Troy Brouwer

Warren Foegele - Jordan Kyrou - Cal Clutterbuck

Tyler Graovac - Vinni Letteri

Anton Stralman - Oscar Klefbom

Andrei Sekera - Kevin Connauton

Ben Chiarot - Anthony Bitetto

Erik Burgdoerfer

Sergei Bobrovsky

Alex Stalock