The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Fantasy League 2017-18 (Contact Nail if interested)

Nail

Agent News

After a busy day yesterday, today will see fewer guys go, in order to spread things out over the next week or two. But you will still see more going today.

Now off to the splash park with my daughter!

13 hours ago, Monty said:

The Los Angeles Kings have signed forward CJ Suess to a 2 year contract, worth $3.2M ($1.6M AAV).

23 hours ago, Monty said:

The Los Angeles Kings have signed Tanner Jeannot to a 3 year contract, worth $2.775M ($925k AAV).

On 2018-07-01 at 9:37 AM, Monty said:

The Los Angeles Kings have signed forward Craig Smith to a 5 year contract, worth $30M ($6M AAV). Deal includes a full NTC in years 1 & 2, and a 15 team LNTC in years 3-5.

On 2018-07-01 at 8:08 AM, Monty said:

The Los Angeles Kings have signed Pierre Engvall to a 2 year contract, worth $2.7M ($1.35M AAV).

Kings are very happy to be bringing back Craig Smith, and bringing in Suess, Engvall, and Jeannot. We wanted to bring in at least 1 top-6 winger, and although it cost quite a bit more than I hoped, bringing back a core Predator like Smith was added value. And the 3 new guys are all LW or C/LW, so they strengthen our depth at LW, which was formerly quite weak.

We can also confirm the CDCFL Insider report that we had an offer on the table for Justin Williams - he was our back-up plan had we been unable to sign Smith. But once Craig signed, we had to pull the offer. Justin is a great player though, and we expect he will have other suitable offers for his services.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Agent News

After a busy day yesterday, today will see fewer guys go, in order to spread things out over the next week or two. But you will still see more going today.

Now off to the splash park with my daughter!

Good plan! Family time..and the possibility of single moms also at the splash park. Now, I don't mean to impune your motives...but....

1) Expect Joe Thornton to receive a lot of interest now that he's officially signed irl. I'm hearing he'll be willing to wait and take his time until the right offer arises.

2) Now that Dominik Kahun is off the market, I've heard from sources that Kyle Brodziak is now the player many teams are eyeing up. It's believed Brodziak has over 5 offers already on the table.

3) I'm hearing that Vegas and Washington may be discussing a deal where one of Jordan Staal or Travis Zajac heads to Sin City, would help both teams with their salary cap restrictions. At this time, I believe talks are stalled as word comes on the NTC lists for both players.

4) I'm hearing Boston may be looking at options to move a player out now that Andrew Copp has been offersheeted. With exactly 79.5M cap right now, they'd have to move out a Mathieu Perreault or Artem Anisimov in order to make things work.

5) One player generating a lot of interest around the league: Nicholas Caamano. After not getting signed by Buffalo, I've been told a bidding war for his services has ensued.

6) I do believe Anaheim is taking offers on Sven Andrighetto, many teams are rumoured to be interested in the services of the Swiss forward.

7) After signing Patrick Marleau and Marcus Johansson, and extensions to Jaden Schwartz and Mark Jankowski, the Philadelphia Flyers suddenly find themselves in cap hell. If Philly isn’t fielding calls on Tyler Johnson or Filip Forsberg yet, they should be.

8) All's currently quiet in New Jersey with their 18+M salary cap room. It sounds as if they've been in on a few players but haven't finalized anything yet. Look for them to target Mikko Koivu and Alex Steen now. I do believe they are close to locking up Robby Fabbri to a new contract, seems like both teams are sticking to their guns and not budging on negotiations right now but a deal should come soon.

9) Tyler Bozak has had a few teams interested in his services but unless something changes drastically, he won't be signing soon.

10) Finally, one name I've heard involved in some trade talks is Shea Theodore. Could make sense to move him in Edmonton with Matthews, Provorov, Werenski, Chabot and Theodore all pending RFAs next season.

On 2.7.2018 at 6:05 PM, Nail said:

766D98F7-7924-49EE-A760-790B0932F0BC.jpe

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Michael Fora to a 2 year contract worth $0.900M per year.

@Bombastik der Teutone

@Monty

The Blackhawks are really excited to add this promising Defender from Switzerland.

In the Age of 22 Michael was allready Captain of the NLA Team Ambri-Piotta  where he scored 6 Goals and 27 Points in 50 Games.

All in all he allready has played 132 Games in of the best european Leagues and he also brings some size to our Defence.

We are excited to see him during the Training Camp ...and may he wil learn a roster Spot .  ..... time will show it 

1 minute ago, Nail said:

05C564D8-D381-4266-B7CB-274A7710C49A.jpe

The Carolina Hurricanes have signed Mikko Koskinen to a 1 year contract worth $1.500M.

@Monty

While I was hoping for a 2 year deal, this helps hold down the fort for the year.

On 2018-07-02 at 1:34 PM, Monty said:

726C59EC-9D49-4BF9-8DED-68CD4BFADA44.jpeg

The Los Angeles Kings have signed forward Andrew Copp to an offer sheet, worth $5.7M ($2.85M AAV). 

As per terms, @JE14 has 48 hours to match (12:33PM Wednesday), or receive LA’s 2019 2nd round pick as compensation.

@D-Money

@Nail

As the offer sheet has not been matched, Andrew Copp has signed with the Los Angeles Kings. As per the terms, the Boston Bruins will receive Los Angeles’ 2019 2nd round pick.

@D-Money

@JE14

@Nail

Archived