The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rebuild Kicked Off With Acquiring Bo, & Was Completed at 2019 Draft!

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

6 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

There’s zero humor in your posts. You are a troll that can’t handle when someone points out the flaws in your opinions.  If you can’t see how moronic it would be for the islanders trade for tanev with tavares uncertainty then I can’t help you.

You’re not capable of defending you random opinions so you wave the white flag by posting your gif.  Which is extremely pathetic.  Last straw for me. You can join Hutton on the ignore function. I have no time for having discussions with children. 

lol, he's doing you a favour, J.R.  Shoulda learned by now not to keep engaging him and running in circles.  You cannot reason with ego and pretentious bluster.  Like Alf, let him find another playmate to waste time with.

;)

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

lol, he's doing you a favour, J.R.  Shoulda learned by now not to keep engaging him and running in circles.  You cannot reason with ego and pretentious bluster.  Like Alf, let him find another playmate to waste time with.

;)

These guys are polar opposites, but neither can be wrong all the time, nor right.

The going in circles - is exactly what the ‘other’ side feels like in here with JR. 

Ying Yang. :gocan:

There are serious egos in here though, I’ll give you that much. 

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

;)

I agreed with the guy and he still couldn't stop arguing. I think it's freaking hilarious :lol: 

And fwiw, I didn't engage with him, why do you think he got so mad? ;)

I have come back to try and gain hope.  The draft lottery is causing me dread.thud thread though has provided me much hope throughout the year.  Here I stand at the alter of the hockey gods and ask for whatever pick brings us multiple championships!

• Thanks 2

#7 OA is a fine slot to stealthily nab one of the top guys.

Of the D...

Bouchard

Boqvist

Dobson

Hughes

I wonder if two of these guys will still be available when it's our number?

IF Tkachuk & Wahlstrom are selected top-6, we should have a choice of three of these dudes. Should be interesting.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

On ‎2017‎年‎10‎月‎3‎日 at 7:33 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

5 - The general consensus here is we're not expecting to make the Spring dance. That seems to be the view of at least 60~70% of posters, I'd guess. ONE more yr of JB working his magic at the draft table is (IMHO) all it'll really take. Starting next yr we should be in business again, at least seriously for a wildcard. Even still, signing a bunch of FA's we're competing, right?(appearances & all that).. Yet it's more likely we'll be flipping some of these guys into younger assets, spring 2018 or '19...

So by June 2018(about 1800 days/rebuild done), suggesting here we'll be firmly into the development/progression stage(rates basically vary for that), as opposed to scrambling & trying to accumulate young assets frantically. We'll have a lot of cap to attract freebies, & a rising team for pretty decent FA persuasion.

Looking forward from a draft 2013 perspective, I'd say almost ALL significant team moves over that period(Utica too, being established), has worked out really, quite nicely overall. We shouldn't b*tch & moan about matters like the daft lotto. We don't NEED any ballyhooed stars. They're building a cohesive group of kids that'll be a treat to watch climb to the top.

Back in Oct, I felt this last modest yr would suffice. Figured we'd be ready to start climbing again, after the 5 yr stealth-rebuild. But then a coupla' things happened...

- we were awarded the 2019 draft

- landed this beauty Hughes kid..who has a bro that's pretty decent at this game

We COULD do better in 2018/19(fringe team), if we wanted to chase UFA's..but it seems pretty clear, it's wiser to lay in the weeds, just one last yr. Perhaps sell off a few key pieces to ensure a high draft opportunity? JB can wait for the right deal(poised to strike) if a counterpart gets cap-crunched, or beset by injuries.

So 5 yrs of stealth-renovation, & 1 yr of blatant-mediocrity. Not bad at all.

Nice job in Dallas, JB & Co!

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Rush17 said:

butt.... butt... :(

I don't want to suck anymore.  Let's win for Hughes! Quinn Hughes!!!

none of us wants to suck anymore but we drafted two kids who may or may not play on our team this year. We didnt draft Mario or Wayne so hoping we will be a playoff team this year is probably unrealistic. We have at least another year of sucking to do unless something mind blowing happens and we have a change in some of the players. I think we draft top 5 again next year. but its after that we start the ascent. Cheers

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

none of us wants to suck anymore but we drafted two kids who may or may not play on our team this year. We didnt draft Mario or Wayne so hoping we will be a playoff team this year is probably unrealistic. We have at least another year of sucking to do unless something mind blowing happens and we have a change in some of the players. I think we draft top 5 again next year. but its after that we start the ascent. Cheers

I can't see this team in the playoffs for years right now, the veterans currently on it are not going to get better if anything the opposite and there are not enough young players on the team yet.

I can't even envision what this team will look like in 3 years, who will be on it? It does look a little bit like Montreal's team over the last 6 years though. I think this team will drafting top five for another five years because it is taking too long for draft picks to make the team.

Just looked again aren't the players short?

Edited by Wizardofoz
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Wizardofoz said:

I can't see this team in the playoffs for years right now, the veterans currently on it are not going to get better if anything the opposite and there are not enough young players on the team yet.

I can't even envision what this team will look like in 3 years, who will be on it? It does look a little bit like Montreal's team over the last 6 years though. I think this team will drafting top five for another five years because it is taking too long for draft picks to make the team.

Just looked again aren't the players short?

I think the Boesers and Pettersons will impress you. Possibly Dahlen. Our older players are just that older players and we know they need to be replaced.I dont think it will take 5 years to get back into the playoffs but we do need to keep drafting the Best players we can to fill the holes we have. We have some positives now. Glass half full!

• Upvote 1

I dont generally condone tanking eventhough I joke about it online, I sort of really want the team to tank simply because the chance to get Jack to join his brother and also the draft in our backyard, I can't see it not being a party if somehow the stars lined up.

23 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Back in Oct, I felt this last modest yr would suffice. Figured we'd be ready to start climbing again, after the 5 yr stealth-rebuild. But then a coupla' things happened...

- we were awarded the 2019 draft

- landed this beauty Hughes kid..who has a bro that's pretty decent at this game

We COULD do better in 2018/19(fringe team), if we wanted to chase UFA's..but it seems pretty clear, it's wiser to lay in the weeds, just one last yr. Perhaps sell off a few key pieces to ensure a high draft opportunity? JB can wait for the right deal(poised to strike) if a counterpart gets cap-crunched, or beset by injuries.

So 5 yrs of stealth-renovation, & 1 yr of blatant-mediocrity. Not bad at all.

Nice job in Dallas, JB & Co!

I think the Canucks will be in no-man's land this year. Not good enough to make the playoff list but good enough to be out of a reasonable draft position.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, FireGillis said:

Another successful stealth tank year! Hughes is going to be a superstar! Now, we just need another stealth tank year to draft his brother! 

When it's not on purpose I'd say its more of ineptitude than stealthiness, but agreed another high pick will help.  Also hopefully Tryamkin comes back. 

Just HAD to bump this folks..started at 80% last Oct..nice to finally hit 100% ! ..(of course, we gotta give 120%, eh?:^)

I don't care how people choose to define this half-decade. In my mind they kept up 'appearances'(at the very least, the image of trying), yet amassed the best pool of youth in franchise history(that seems virtually unanimous, amongst fans who recall/or have studied the team's 5 decades).

So with this, my updates are done here! From about 2020~2027ish, this team should be quite the force! I can get back to some other stuff. Have a good summer, one & all!!!

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just HAD to bump this folks..started at 80% last Oct..nice to finally hit 100% ! ..(of course, we gotta give 120%, eh?:^)

I don't care how people choose to define this half-decade. In my mind they kept up 'appearances'(at the very least, the image of trying), yet amassed the best pool of youth in franchise history(that seems virtually unanimous, amongst fans who recall/or have studied the team's 5 decades).

So with this, my updates are done here! From about 2020~2027ish, this team should be quite the force! I can get back to some other stuff. Have a good summer, one & all!!!

Good to see you back sensei. 

Enjoy the rest of the summer :)

Actually torn on this. 

I’m looking so much forward for us to start winning again, but with draft in Vancouver believed to full of great centermen, it could be the final year for us. 

Damn it is hard not seeing any post season hockey. 

Wonder if the club despite the club stating they won’t pay to the cap, changes its policy, and pay for a top line centre to play with Pettersson, or an elite left winger, to go with Bo?