The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Rebuild Kicked Off With Acquiring Bo, & Was Completed at 2019 Draft!

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

My word, HFBoards('Nucks page) is an insufferable cast of clowns(posing as Canuck backers).

Right now they have a thread questioning WHEN the rebuild(-jig, vamp, reno, etc...) actually began? ..there's a poll, where over 70! effin' % suggest it hasn't even started yet!

This despite Mgt accumulating the best prospect-stash in team history!!! :^)

There's certainly a cynical agenda being run over there. Glad the ownership disregarded such petty saboteurs, handing JB a fresh contract/clean slate. Finally the team(& farm system) should be mostly composed of the skilled, character youth he's been steadily accumulating.

2013(as I first stated here, back in Oct), is when we started knocking down walls(eg: getting Bo!)..but some haters just want to rock the boat.

That place reminds me of a great movie, starring Jack Nicholson ...

original.gif

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

That place reminds me of a great movie, starring Jack Nicholson ...

original.gif

Which begs the question..are the mods there perhaps playing the role of duplicitous, manipulative Nurse Ratchid? btw, as great as the flick was, Kesey's novel was probably even better!(so much brilliant culture in them 1970's)

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Which begs the question..are the mods there perhaps playing the role of duplicitous, manipulative Nurse Ratchid? btw, as great as the flick was, Kesey's novel was probably even better!(so much brilliant culture in them 1970's)

Excellent point! That entire board could very well be a reflection of Ratched's cold and heartless, self-loathing tyranny projected outward in the form of a message board. Lol

Read the book twice before seeing the movie. I agree, it was better. 70s were amazing for film though. Milos Forman translated HFBoards Over the Cuckoos Nest to screen quite accurately! ;)

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Excellent point! That entire board could very well be a reflection of Ratched's cold and heartless, self-loathing tyranny projected outward in the form of a message board. Lol

Read the book twice before seeing the movie. I agree, it was better. 70s were amazing for film though. Milos Forman translated HFBoards Over the Cuckoos Nest to screen quite accurately! ;)

Ha..great! Then Scorcese's 'Taxi Driver' was warning of the oncoming mess(entities like HFBoards) soon exploiting the little'uns, until some badassss finally shows up to take out the garbage!

In the "group-think" & petty taunting within such boards I'm getting pretty turned off with the whole shebang. Comparatively, there's much more respect(diff posters/opinions) around here..but all of this stuff must eventually detract from people's ability to sit down & have a reasonable conversation.

• Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2018-07-07 at 5:33 PM, CrosbyGold said:

HFboards is older posters who aren't homers no offence. CDC is on average a younger crowd.

I see younger posters as the ones cheering for more than just the Canucks.  The older fans, who have suffered through the Canuck’s mostly losing since day one, hate all the other teams.  

• Cheers 1

On 7/7/2018 at 5:33 PM, CrosbyGold said:

HFboards is older posters who aren't homers no offence. CDC is on average a younger crowd.

From what I have seen, HF boards are largely bitter people, trollers and largely people with very little hockey background/knowledge given some of the things they say (e.g. how waivers work, player development and even in evaluating players).    Seems dominated by about 10-20 hardcore whiners that come across as if they all have been slighted by life and they have found mutually supportive outlet for their bitterness.

CDC has a lot of older posters - I keep hearing stories from many hear about how they have followed the team from their time joining NHL - when some of us were not even having parents who were old enough to have us yet. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

From what I have seen, HF boards are largely bitter people, trollers and largely people with very little hockey background/knowledge given some of the things they say (e.g. how waivers work, player development and even in evaluating players).    Seems dominated by about 10-20 hardcore whiners that come across as if they all have been slighted by life and they have found mutually supportive outlet for their bitterness.

CDC has a lot of older posters - I keep hearing stories from many hear about how they have followed the team from their time joining NHL - when some of us were not even having parents who were old enough to have us yet. 

'Tis said youth is wasted on young

& you'd best dance with the one ya'brung

At end of the day

Should score go astray

Old Nux-backers are proudly well-hung!

• Haha 3

On 10/3/2017 at 7:47 AM, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

Can the lawless wealthy really be so cunning? Or do they just get really good at landing on their feet? No they just always want money, in my opinion, ticket sales above all else.

A catastrophic mistake was sitting lu at the winter classic, so petty but im sure it took alot of heart away from the core group when theybsee tjat crap happen to one of the guys. 

Arguably the canucks have done ok since 2010 , arguably things could be much better. None of that matters. What matters is the present. Presently we need to build two top lines, find our #1 goalie, backup.. try out another non nhl coach and staff and establish defence after the top 4. Nbd.

Ive got drunk optimism. 

Hopefully #1 will be Demko...  working his way into it..  i can see nils being traded since he did so well at the worlds and Demko being #2 behind mark for a yr or 2 depending how it works out

Edited by iceman64

I'm 45 not sure that's old but, I have the patience to allow this rebuild to take as long as it needs in order to properly rebuild the team for once and hopefully win a Cup. My biggest fear for this team are they will start making moves to be competitive too soon and prematurely end the rebuild. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, thrago said:

I'm 45 not sure that's old but, I have the patience to allow this rebuild to take as long as it needs in order to properly rebuild the team for once and hopefully win a Cup. My biggest fear for this team are they will start making moves to be competitive too soon and prematurely end the rebuild. 

I sure hope not.  That’s exactly what the Loser Leafs, and Smelly Coilers did, and they are now stuck in the middle of nothingness.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I sure hope not.  That’s exactly what the Loser Leafs, and Smelly Coilers did, and they are now stuck in the middle of nothingness.  

I know as the owners it must be hard looking at the lost revenues year after year, but if they stick it out I think it will pay off for them with a possible Cup and many years of play off revenues.

• Upvote 1

Another thing is it's got to be hard for FA when the media and I think a small but very vocal percentage of fans want to start winning now.

I think that the large majority of fans have patience at least for a few more years of this because of all the quality prospects we have.I hope FA knows this and sticks to the plan.

• Cheers 1

On 05/07/2018 at 5:31 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

This despite Mgt accumulating the best prospect-stash in team history!!! :^)

I keep hearing people say this - but it's just not even remotely close to being true.  Not by a long-shot.

We drafted ALL of these players within 1 year, 361 days of each other:

Smyl

Vaive

Ashton

Derlago

Fraser

Graham

Sundstrom

Lidster

Lanz

That's ~5,000 career points drafted from June 15, 1978 to June 11, 1980.  In comparison, Benning's had over 4 calendar-years worth of drafts now.

Do you seriously think we're going to get more than like 3,000pts from all 5 of Benning's drafts combined?  And, that pretty much requires both Boeser and Pettersson to end up as top-3 all-time Canucks scorers!  We've only had 5 players beat 550pts (as a Canuck).  Ever.

EDIT:  To put it in perspective...  Benning's had 5 drafts now - for a total of 176 career points (but, almost half of those points are from players who are off the team or out of the league now:  McCann, Forsling & Tryamkin).

Edited by bloodycanuckleheads

8 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

I keep hearing people say this - but it's just not even remotely close to being true.  Not by a long-shot.

Smyl

Vaive

Ashton

Derlago

Fraser

Graham

Sundstrom

Lidster

Lanz

That's ~5,000 career points drafted from June 15, 1978 to June 11, 1980.  In comparison, Benning's had over 4 calendar-years worth of drafts now.

Do you seriously think we're going to get more than like 3,000pts from all 5 of Benning's drafts combined?  And, that pretty much requires both Boeser and Pettersson to end up as top-3 all-time Canucks scorers!  We've only had 5 players beat 550pts (as a Canuck).  Ever.

20 year old draft made things much, much easier for the scouts. A couple of good later picks Lidster, Graham ( given away for free.....does that count as a good pick ) and Sundstrom from an era where off shore picks weren't too common.

Edited by SingleThorn

12 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Smyl

Vaive

Ashton

Derlago

Fraser

Graham

Sundstrom

Lidster

Lanz

EDIT:  To put it in perspective...  Benning's had 5 drafts now - for a total of 176 career points (but, almost half of those points are from players who are off the team or out of the league now:  McCann, Forsling & Tryamkin).

Much higher scoring era to make the comparison. That being said you made a good point that was a great prospect pool as well. Let's say instead that Benning has built the best prospect pool since the late 70's.

52 minutes ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Smyl

Vaive

Ashton

Derlago

Fraser

Graham

Sundstrom

Lidster

Lanz

Well.. you're entitled to any argument/assertion you fancy, but if you prefer to stand on the car lot flogging THAT 70's model, I'll certainly wish you luck.

Generally I LOVED that era..some players were bold enough to flip the bird to NHL hierarchy, & start up another league (there's no moxie or chutzpah like that anymore).

But for our boys on the left coast, that was the middle of a TWO DECADE losing-tunnel!

Next you'll inform us that the 80's Leafers inspired Cdn manners & pastime-diversity(do ANYTHING but watch the game, man!)

edit: Also forgot..it's SOOOO misleading to present stats on players drafted late 70's. Scoring in the 80's was insane, compared to coming decades.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
1 more thang
  • Thanks 1