The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Andrey Pedan, 4th-round pick to Penguins for Derrick Pouliot

1 minute ago, Screw said:

wasn't this the guy people wanted in any deal involving Kesler to the Pens?

Back when he was still a top prospect, but he's slid since then.  Hasn't become solid/reliable enough to crack the Pen's roster full-time.  Maybe Travis figures he can work his magic on another alumni.

• -SN- featured and pinned this topic
Just now, mll said:

Can they still put him on waivers today?  or is Virtanen or Boeser papered down.  Pouliot was not put through waivers by the Penguins.  

I think they can still waive guys as they're technically off the roster whether they clear or not. But we could also paper down Boes/Virt until he clears if that's an issue.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

I think they can still waive guys as they're technically off the roster whether they clear or not. But we could also paper down Boes/Virt until he clears if that's an issue.

So that's how Vegas is going to solve their roster - they too have too many waiver eligible players around.

Just now, EternalCanuckFan said:

Interesting choice to waive Wiercioch.

I think he clears.  I didn't think he looked to bad in preseason, better than Biega anyway, but I guess they really like Biega's versatility.

Don't know how Pouliot draws in to the top-6 w/o injuries, but it's good to have that depth.

Versatility, right shot, pro even if he only plays 15 games and would have caused further veteran issues in Utica. 8D is not going to play a lot. None of the kids fit that.

Archived