The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Andrey Pedan, 4th-round pick to Penguins for Derrick Pouliot

3 minutes ago, EagleShield said:

It's definitely not Pouliot coming out when Gudbranson is healthy. As I see it, it's between Gudbranson and Stecher for the 6th D spot, and I'd be tending towards the latter.

Wether you are in the trade gudbranson or sign gudbranson crowd one thing is for sure... it helps nothing having gudbranson out of the lineup.

It's a double edged sword. Being a healthy scratch would hurt his trade value and won't help contract negotiations.

Just now, BCNate said:

Not good, but it is probably hard for them to hold their sticks with the size of those Stanley cup rings.

Yeah, I don't think they should play with those on. I have a feeling they are going to rue the day, they traded Pouliot for Pedan.

7 hours ago, EagleShield said:

It's definitely not Pouliot coming out when Gudbranson is healthy. As I see it, it's between Gudbranson and Stecher for the 6th D spot, and I'd be tending towards the latter.

Hutton or Stecher - and Stecher is the better fit being a RHD - and he's been better than Hutton - and far more decisive.

Edler

MDZ

Pouliot

Hutton

imo that is the left side depth chart.

Pouliot has clearly been outperforming Hutton - and his recent minutes reflect that.

Tanev

Gudbranson

Stecher

Biega.

People that believe Gudbranson is going to sit - I don't think they understand this team, or this blueline - or his value - at all.

And not only that, but it would make absolutely no sense from an 'asset management' standpoint either - although that doesn't even factor given Gudbranson's  more focal need and role in the lineup relative to Hutton.  The Canucks will be looking to re-sign Gudbranson - or deal him to return assets - he absolutely will not be sitting when healthy on any grounds. 

On 2017-12-06 at 6:30 PM, King Heffy said:

I'd take Hutton out instead.

Absolutely!!!!!

The only other possible move is to make a fairly big trade with Edler... fingers crossed. 

Hutton needs either some time to work his way back into the line up or be swapped before his value plummets. 

By by far the biggest liability on the defence. Guddy is a player this club needs desperately ATM. 

Especially with the younger kids coming in. He and Tanev are the prefect mentors for our younger d men. 

They are also RHD s our younger prospects LHD like Pouliot and OJ have the right guys to play with. 

With Trymakin coming back in a few years... fingers crossed... we could have a defence that is 

OJ Tanev

Pouliot  Guddy

Trymakin Stecher. 

Thay would be a defence that would be very effective and could potentially dominate if we get a sweet draft pick this year. 

EmW

7 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

OJ Tanev

Pouliot  Guddy

Trymakin Stecher. 

Yeah - whatever happens with Edler longer term, and Hutton - that blueline is a distinct possibility in the future, regardless of whether they add another young D in the draft or w.h.y.

That's a pretty good young blueline, particularly if they develop a strong forward group (and goaltending in addition) - and all of those are assets that the Canucks hold the rights to - re-sign Gud and if Tryamkin's comments that he'll give Vancouver another try when he's ready are accurate, then that's a promising future blueline whether they upgrade or not.

Didn't really like this trade at first... thought Jimbo could have took DP on waivers anyways... which he likely could have... but who knows which team he woulda actually got claimed by. 

Jimbo paid a small price of a 4th to ensure he got who he was after. Gotta give him kudos here. Trading is not his strong suit and I applaud this move. 

Atta boy Jimbo! 

18 hours ago, apollo said:

Didn't really like this trade at first... thought Jimbo could have took DP on waivers anyways... which he likely could have... but who knows which team he woulda actually got claimed by. 

Jimbo paid a small price of a 4th to ensure he got who he was after. Gotta give him kudos here. Trading is not his strong suit and I applaud this move. 

Atta boy Jimbo! 

No way he would have passed Colorado at #1

9 minutes ago, coryberg said:

No way he would have passed Colorado at #1

Yea probably not considering they were dying to claim a dman. Were they ahead of us? Or were they pushed to the back of the line after making an earlier claim? 

Van may have been 1st in the waiver claims 

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

Yea probably not considering they were dying to claim a dman. Were they ahead of us? Or were they pushed to the back of the line after making an earlier claim? 

Van may have been 1st in the waiver claims 

There is no such thing in todays NHL... we were 2nd they were 1st. It was based on last years standings at the time

56 minutes ago, coryberg said:

There is no such thing in todays NHL... we were 2nd they were 1st. It was based on last years standings at the time

So they could have technically claimed every player on waivers ahead of other NHL teams? I thought the rule was that they get pushed to the back of the line when a claim is made? 

19 minutes ago, apollo said:

So they could have technically claimed every player on waivers ahead of other NHL teams? I thought the rule was that they get pushed to the back of the line when a claim is made? 

Yes a team could technically do this. There is the little matter of the 50 contract limit for NHL clubs as well as the 23 man roster limit.

https://hockeytalkie.wordpress.com/2016/06/18/common-hockey-misconceptions-waiver-rules/

Misconception Two: Claiming a Player Affects Your Waiver Claim Priority For Future Claims. This is a rule that is common to fantasy leagues, and I think the EA games also used to have it. As most know, teams are offered a chance to pick up a player on waivers in a set order, which is basically the standings in reverse order. This gives the weakest teams the first chance. The misconception comes once a team makes a claim, as many think that doing so bumps a team to the back of the line. This is not true, and waiver claims have zero effect on a team’s waiver position.

Archived