The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Andrey Pedan, 4th-round pick to Penguins for Derrick Pouliot

On 13/01/2018 at 8:55 AM, 189lb enforcers? said:

So Pouliot couldn’t play for the Pens, but only Pedan is a bum for not being able to play as well? 

Pouliot couldn't crack the Stanley Cup champions lineup, while Pedan couldn't crack a rebuilding teams average D lineup even with multiple injuries to D regulars. Who's the bum of the two again?

21 hours ago, dukeofcanuck said:

Not really, both teams swapped 2 non nhl players. If anything Pittsburgh won because they got a pick.

Wut. How many games did Pedan play and how many games did Pouliot play?

There's no winning with Canucks fans.

7 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Wut. How many games did Pedan play and how many games did Pouliot play?

There's no winning with Canucks fans.

We could’ve signed Stamkos to a league minimum contract a couple years ago and people still would’ve found a way to complain. 

On 1/13/2018 at 8:30 PM, The Great Canucks said:

What a dumb post. Pedan couldn't make it even on our roster, let alone Pittsburgh's. Pouliot at least can play in the NHL.

Pittsburgh had Letang and Schultz - and have been and remain in win-now mode.

Rutherford made an 'excess-wealth' move.   But thinking Pedan was going to improve that team was wishful thinking imo.

The Reaves move was an overpayment - as was his assessment of the potential impact of Pedan.

I think this could still be a move Pittsburgh regrets longer term.    Letang isn't young, isn't terribly durable, and they've bled D prospects for some time, coasting on the existing core, but the future....?

Even shorter term, they were shallow this year - had to depend on Rhuwedel, and had to go out and acquire Oleksiak (a move I liked for them) - but beyond their top 4...(always seems like an achilles for them).

In any event, Pouliot not only had a pair of 50 point puck moving defensemen in front of him, but was set back repeatedly in his early development with ill-timed injuries.

Sandbagging his potential at this point is short-sighted.  I've watched him for years and years - and if anything, I was more impressed with his ability to translate his defensive game at the NHL level than I expected.  His offensive upside was not as apparent as some people hoped, but they might want to keep that in context before presuming he's a borderline NHL talent.

I'm going to wait another year or two - and see how he fares when the competition tightens on the blueline - but I think his first year here was actually pretty promising as the purported weaker elements of his game were really over-stated.   Looking forward to seeing him in camp, with a near NHL season of experience, and a full season under Green ahead of him.

On 2018-05-10 at 11:43 AM, Baggins said:

Pouliot couldn't crack the Stanley Cup champions lineup, while Pedan couldn't crack a rebuilding teams average D lineup even with multiple injuries to D regulars. Who's the bum of the two again?

Trolls cant play hockey but they top out at under 190 lbs due to a pea sized brain.

Archived