Canucks Community

Top point getter by Christmas

falcons

H. Sedin

D. Sedin 

Baertschi 

Horvat 

Vanek

The Sedins almost always start strong and I expect them to start strong again this year. However, in recent years they've also started to fade around Christmas and I expect that to happen again also. Their expected strong start I think will be enough to make them the top guys come Christmas. 

I think Baertschi will be given prime offensive opportunities under Green.

Horvat may start a little slow (preseason cut short by injury) but I expect him to start ramping up by Christmas. 

I think Vanek will be given prime PP time and even though he's started slowing down with age he can still put up points.

Notable omissions:

Eriksson 

Granlund 

Boeser

I think both Eriksson and Granlund will be deployed in more checking roles and defensive situations limiting the number of points they are capable of putting up. I think Boeser will have rookie consistency problems and it might take him until after Christmas to figure it out, but he could be close to top 5 on the team.

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

Unlikely, but hopefully Boeser is the top point producer.

Horvat will be there, probably the Sedins and it's a tossup of the Baertschis and Erikksons on the team to be the 5th.  

Hank will be the top point producer.  He will be getting the cherry PP time, along with sheltered offensive starts.

I'm  thinking the top power play this year becomes the current 2nd unit.... Top 5 are Horvat, Boeser, Granlund, Eriksson and Henrik.... If both Sedins are say top 3 ill guess it will have been a fairly successful season to date with them sitting in a playoff spot. This is a pretty tough question this year, with all the bodies its very tough to predict.

Archived