The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexander Burmistrov | #42 | C

-AJ-

Just now, Cramarossa said:

Sure, I don't mind eating crow if he's a bust. Low risk signing anyway, but I do believe he'll be useful. 

Not arguing either way, you just said: "I guarantee it". Thought maybe you wanted to have that proof for down the road :P

7 minutes ago, nzan said:

Burmistrov finally has a player page with about 10 posts after signing more two months back.

Here's to him popping two goals on opening night and seeing this page balloon to 40 pages overnight.

Good luck Burmy!

I do consider Burmistrov a bubble player who has to show some offensive upside. While I can say I have not seen enough from him his package is enticing. Obviously coaching sees enough in his play to keep him and they do give him some ozone opportunity. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Alexander Burmistrov | #42 | Centre

What to say, Benning did some homework. Not too much to complain about Burmy. Solid in all 3 zones now he's warmed up after a few games. Great instincts, smart plays. And now on the line with Baer and Boeser, amazing chemistry. Looked like a #1 line last night. If TG keeps them together, which he better, they might be our highest scoring line...we all know how much secondary scoring we've always needed, here we have it.

22 hours ago, Cup2021 said:

What to say, Benning did some homework. Not too much to complain about Burmy. Solid in all 3 zones now he's warmed up after a few games. Great instincts, smart plays. And now on the line with Baer and Boeser, amazing chemistry. Looked like a #1 line last night. If TG keeps them together, which he better, they might be our highest scoring line...we all know how much secondary scoring we've always needed, here we have it.

Unless they provide primary scoring.. in which case we would still need secondary scoring :P

On 10/18/2017 at 3:49 PM, Cup2021 said:

Benning is turning the Canucks into a restoration garage with all of these players that are getting second chances and providing.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

*cough* Granlund, Horvat, Virtanen *cough*

Granlund won't do much with the twins IMO, Horvat I think is playing injured so if Vanek still is angry, might get him going as best he can and Virt, that's up to him. He seems to be losing confidence that he showed in the preseason and Green is seeing that. If Virt can find his edge he had, then yes, he'll pot a few.

He has been solid so far.  With the exception of Gagner, all of Benning's reclamation projects have done as well, or better than expected.  Once we are out of the race at the deadline, he should be able to flip a few of these guys for a few more 2nd-4th round picks.

Archived