The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anders Nilsson | #31 | G

-AJ-

I'm very happy that Nilsson's getting the start. He deserves it and I'm Green is now being consistent with his way of coaching. I'm excited for our goaltending situation this season and the internal competition that will exist.

2 hours ago, TimberWolf said:

Meh, just go with the hot hand. I think the defense is too porous for any goalie to look consistent. 

Our defense is actually pretty good.  Marky let us down with bad goals those games he played.  Having the GIANT Nilsson in nets, will breed confidence within the team.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Our defense is actually pretty good.  Marky let us down with bad goals those games he played.  Having the GIANT Nilsson in nets, will breed confidence within the team.

I think the team had good defense last night and against the Oilers in our opener. Marky was definitely at fault a lot in his last game, but the prior games had some bad defense too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Anders Nilsson | #31 | G
  • 2 weeks later...

The thing with anders, is hes not a very reliable goalie :( thats how he was with buffalo if u ever watched there games ...and he seems to be doing samething in vancouver.

Hes a decent goalie, but like u all see ..hes up and down alot and thats not a very good thing in a goalie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/7/2018 at 12:28 PM, aliboy said:

He was playing great, then came the baby, big change, could effect concentration, I'm thinking he'll come back around and start playing better again.

He had a tough year but it seems he is getting "right" again at WHC.    Noticed today's game how much better his angle game was.   He LOOKED like the freak of nature big dude he is with great reflexes and ability to read the play.   If this Nilsson shows up for the Canucks next year, it could mean quite a few extra points for the team.

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He had a tough year but it seems he is getting "right" again at WHC.    Noticed today's game how much better his angle game was.   He LOOKED like the freak of nature big dude he is with great reflexes and ability to read the play.   If this Nilsson shows up for the Canucks next year, it could mean quite a few extra points for the team.

I wonder if the Canucks would let him wear his Team Sweden jersey in net? lol  I find that Europeans seem to play better when representing their countries.

12 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That would be nice to see. He started the year looking like a brick wall. But as the year went on and his confidence shrunk so did his stance. He started a nasty habit of rouding his shoulders in when making saves... when he should have his shoulders up, square with the shooter. I'm not a goalie, but it's just something I remembered. He looked small when he started doing that, I couldn't understand why he was making himself smaller (or how a guy that large could look that small in net), when for the size he is should be playing the "brick wall" style that he played so well at the start of the year...with your background did you notice the same thing as I did? 

Archived