The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 5 players (update: all clear, incl. Wiercioch) - Oct. 4th, 2017

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, I'm definitely aware of the issue. Just find it strange that Wiercioch might be the odd man out among the Comets veterans. Although I suppose he might be the easiest to loan out, especially to an organization (Belleville is the Sens affiliate) that's very familiar with him.

I figured you were aware, i was just adding onto it. I guess i didn't really have to. But yes odd situation but Im sure it will get figured out. 

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

There is always another team that players can be loaned to.

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

6 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

3 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Veterans can always be loaned out to another team if need be.

On the other hand... there is always  another team that players can be loaned to.

29 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I figured you were aware, i was just adding onto it. I guess i didn't really have to. But yes odd situation but Im sure it will get figured out. 

Yeah, sorry if that reply came off snippy. Wasn't my intention. Just wanted to clarify that it wasn't the fact that Utica might loan out a vet that I found odd. This has been a real possibility for a while given their numbers of veteran contracts. Just found it strange that Wiercioch was being considered ahead out other options.

That said, it kind of makes sense. Archibald isn't going anywhere. Bancks and Hamilton have been "good soldiers" and leaders on that team. Sifers was signed to be the veteran backbone on D (replacing Biega in many ways). They absolutely need Megna and Chaput down the middle. And they likely want to keep Rödin close to the organization (and I could see him just go to the SHL if they started talking about loaning him out).

So not really a lot of good options.

That said, I'd probably still go a different way if I was making the decisions.

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, sorry if that reply came off snippy. Wasn't my intention. Just wanted to clarify that it wasn't the fact that Utica might loan out a vet that I found odd. This has been a real possibility for a while given their numbers of veteran contracts. Just found it strange that Wiercioch was being considered ahead out other options.

That said, it kind of makes sense. Archibald isn't going anywhere. Bancks and Hamilton have been "good soldiers" and leaders on that team. Sifers was signed to be the veteran backbone on D (replacing Biega in many ways). They absolutely need Megna and Chaput down the middle. And they likely want to keep Rödin close to the organization (and I could see him just go to the SHL if they started talking about loaning him out).

So not really a lot of good options.

That said, I'd probably still go a different way if I was making the decisions.

Have to think Benning's working trade call pretty hard to find one or two of them better homes. 

Archived