The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McDavid Hat Trick, first ever opening-night hat trick in Oilers history

Roberts

Connor who?

All this tells me is that Calgary is the most overrated team in the league right now and their goaltending stinks.

Edit Note - just being tongue in cheek over my disdain for Alberta teams, please don't take this too literally.

Just now, GarthButcher5 said:

Connor who?

All this tells me is that Calgary is the most overrated team in the league right now and their goaltending stinks.

Meh

smith had over forty saves.  The lames came out flat.  Tanner glass was their best player tonight.

ouch.

As difficult as it may be we have to find a way to hit McDavid when he has the puck. Team should be past adjusting to his game by now. We know who he is and what he can do. If we don't show a greater level of containment than the Flames did tonight we might as well pack it in.

3 minutes ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Connor who?

I watched the first and the third period (tuned out to watch baseball during the second period) but Calgary didn't lost because of goaltending, they lost because they failed to generate any kind of offence 5-on-5. Monahan and Gaudreau didn't generate much of scoring chances, perhaps because they faced McDavid quite a lot? And Ferland showed that he is unfit as their winger, not enough skill to keep the play going. 

If Calgary or any team is going to have any success against the Oilers, they need a designated line that can match up against McDavid's line so that a scoring line can be freed up to capitalize on their weaker 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines.

21 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

Except we usually are the ones giving up the milestone points...at least it seems that way

thats fine. Honestly I don't care. McPouty can score 200 this year I don't care. Edmonton can win 12 cups, I don't care. Bettman can move the Flames to Puerto Rico, I don't care.

But if the Canucks win the cup, then I will care. 

58 minutes ago, YEGCanuck said:

As difficult as it may be we have to find a way to hit McDavid when he has the puck. Team should be past adjusting to his game by now. We know who he is and what he can do. If we don't show a greater level of containment than the Flames did tonight we might as well pack it in.

Apparently according to some Oilers fans they think the Canucks are one of the "teams that can contain him". Only reason is because we play close games with the Oilers apparently...

12 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

Connor who?

44 shots, 42 saves. Yeah, real $&!# when the offense and defense were the worst part of the team. 

I love Canucks fans. 

So, McSatan isn't playing center? Or, at least, Edmonton realizes he sucks on faceoffs. 

And Auston Matthews scored 4 goals in his first NHL game. A lot more impressive than an empty netter. 

Archived