The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Dale Tallon (Florida) still interested in Gudbranson {from The Province Provies}

8 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

We have enough undersized forwards as it is. 

Oh please....

Watch Ryan Hartman on Chicago and you will change your mind.

Piss n vinegar is what Hawlyruk is all about.

Kid has speed coming out of his ears and loves to agitate and will be adding his scoring touch soon enough.

Having Hawlyruk and Lockwood will give this team tons of excitement 

1 minute ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Oh please....

Kid has speed coming out of his ears and loves to agitate and will be adding his scoring touch soon enough.

That's what they said about Schroeder too. :lol:

8 hours ago, Jaku said:

Jayce Hawryluk is a low risk, high reward sort of prospect. He's a great skater with a high motor and a great work ethic. He's probably still another year or so away from making his presence felt in the NHL. He could be a very good NHL player one day. 

Would be interesting to see if it would be Guddy for Jayce straight up or if there are other pieces involved. 

We can't afford to loose another d man. 

If we had a Tryamkin sure... otherwise waiting until mid season and seeing how he is doing.

If he won't re-sign at that point you trade him to whoever gives the highest price.  With injuries to other teams D, he could look pretty attractive for a playoff bound eam.

Of course anyone can go at the right price.  Since we paid a B prospect, the 33rd pick and a 4th round pick for him... a return would have to beat that for us to let him go at a time that we need him.  That would be a first or an A prospect.

1 hour ago, HC20.0 said:

If we still had Tryamkin, I might entertain it, but no thank you. I love Gudbranson. I'd rather keep him.

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

If we had a Tryamkin sure... otherwise waiting until mid season and seeing how he is doing.

Recall that they tried to make Tryamkin into a Pronger -- something more like a Gudbranson.  Losing that which they were trying to develop without replacing it would seem to be a non-starter and counter-productive to what they're trying to create.

9 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

We have enough undersized forwards as it is. 

Agreed.  Besides, the last two games have shown that GUddy is a major deterrent to the likes of Lucic, Maroon, Kassian etc.  None of the Edmonton tough guys have dared challenge him and appear to want nothing to do with him.  He may not have all the skill desired but his intangibles are something this team desperately needs. 

58 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Oh please....

...and who exactly on our roster will protect those kids from being abused by the Maroons and Lucics of the league?  IF you watched Edmonton's toughies last night, they all just walked away from the skirmishes when Guddy was on the ice.  He is a force and allows others to play "bigger". 

I don't think Vancouver can afford to give up the only physical defender on the roster maybe in the system.(stetcher the goon excluded) if he keeps playing well and accreting  himself  physically his price tag will go way up he is  only 24. 

demeiers did us a huge favour.

4 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

If guddy is leaving, we need a suitable replacement coming back in return.. AKA someone like foote

Absolutely.  It makes no sense for the Canucks to trade for another C prospect when they have Pettersson and Gaudette on the way.  They desperately need a big, physical dman instead.  Fla wants that guy now, while Van can wait a couple of years.

I would hate to see Guddy go, but acquiring Foote would lighten the load.  In the meantime, JB would have to find a short-term solution to put in the lineup when against the more punishing teams.  I like the Pouliot trade, but Pedan is the kind of player I'm talking about.  I would guess there's plenty of guys like Pedan that could be had.

1 hour ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Oh please....

download.jpg

16 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

If guddy is leaving, we need a suitable replacement coming back in return.. AKA someone like foote

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Absolutely.  It makes no sense for the Canucks to trade for another C prospect when they have Pettersson and Gaudette on the way.  They desperately need a big, physical dman instead.  Fla wants that guy now, while Van can wait a couple of years.

I would hate to see Guddy go, but acquiring Foote would lighten the load.  In the meantime, JB would have to find a short-term solution to put in the lineup when against the more punishing teams.  I like the Pouliot trade, but Pedan is the kind of player I'm talking about.  I would guess there's plenty of guys like Pedan that could be had.

I have never understood the rationalization of getting rid of a young proven NHLer for a prospect who has never played an NHL game. Especially when that player is a key piece of the puzzle like Guddy is to the Canucks. That's like saying lets trade Bo for a top prospect. What a ridiculous idea!

If McCoshen or Petrovic are coming back I could see us doing it. Otherwise, what are we even talking about here? Guddy for some undersized forward prospects? Not even getting McCann back?

We do have to be practical, as there is a good chance that Guddy could test free agency, but damn lets get something we can use now, and wait on the plethora of prospects we currently have. 

Can you imagine Tryamkin playing Greens system?

Hopefully Larionov is paying attention, because THIS is how Tryamkin was playing last year .... but under Willie, that was a big no-no.

He would absolutely turn into a stud playing this style. How the hell are you gonna stop a guy who's 6'7" 265 lbs rushing the puck from his own end and has tunnel vision for the other net?

McDavid and his "40mph" pffffttt...... imagine that speed, now add 6" and 70 lbs

BOOM 

If I were Benning I would be doing everything under Heaven to get that kid back here. Right now. Buy his contact out over there if you have to. He is exactly the type of Dman this team needs to really take it to the next level. SIZE, lots of speed, can skate amazingly well, and can knock heads with the biggest nastiest guys in the league - and win.

28 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Except Gudbranson is a UFA and he specifically signed a one year deal so he would be a UFA at the end of the year and I would rather get something than have him walk away which is why I say trade him if the offer is right or he isn't signed by the trade deadline.

Archived