The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) VAN - FLA

VAN:  Erik Gudbranson

FLA: 2018 1st and Henrik Borgstrom

Florida gets the guy Dale Tallon wants. He obviously has a lot of value to Tallon as he adds physicality and leadership. Vancouver gets another 2018 1st which they desperately need and a prospect with size. He is the only panthers prospect that I believe would give Vancouver fair value. Should any team add, DISCUSS!

Borgstrom Last season: University of Denver (NCAA): 37 GP, 22-21-43

Just now, ken kaniff said:

No way Florida does that. I like Gudbranson and I hope he can put it together this year but at this point you're lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him. 

I believe Tallon values Gudbranson more than you think. He never wanted him traded. I think we can get a 1st for him maybe a different prospect as well

13 minutes ago, ken kaniff said:

No way Florida does that. I like Gudbranson and I hope he can put it together this year but at this point you're lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him. 

not sure where you're getting that evaluation from? and why you'd think Benning would take that little for him? 

13 minutes ago, hammertime said:

No to trading Gud were gonna need him. If were out of the playoff pic come deadline Bye Bye Hutton he's replaceable  and will have greater return than Gud.

But what if Gudbranson chooses not to re sign? Isn't it better we cash in Gudbranson instead of losing him for nothing?

Gudbranson at the deadline I think can probably get 2 2nds if he has a good year. Big physical RHD who can bolster a team's depth by being a decent 3rd pairing defenseman on a contender. I believe the Sharks traded 2 2nds for Polak who shares a lot of similarities to Guddy. Kimmo Timonen on his last legs also got 2 2nds from the Hawks. It all depends on the year and what prices rentals are going for. 

Someone in Florida is leaking it out that the Panthers would like to have Gudbranson back but I doubt they are going to give us fair value back. By leaking out their interest, they are letting Erik know that they value him and would like him to return to Florida. Erik can certainly use this to go to free agency at the end of the year knowing Florida values him or can hold the Canucks hostage in the negotiation process for a new deal. There is something that is not right with these rumours coming out of Florida and I think the Canucks will end up trading him at the deadline but not to Florida.

This borderlines on tampering in my mind and the league should at least take a cursory look at it. Seems pretty similar to what Benning was severely criticized and fined for. Something smells with this whole thing.

23 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Someone in Florida is leaking it out that the Panthers would like to have Gudbranson back but I doubt they are going to give us fair value back. By leaking out their interest, they are letting Erik know that they value him and would like him to return to Florida. Erik can certainly use this to go to free agency at the end of the year knowing Florida values him or can hold the Canucks hostage in the negotiation process for a new deal. There is something that is not right with these rumours coming out of Florida and I think the Canucks will end up trading him at the deadline but not to Florida.

This borderlines on tampering in my mind and the league should at least take a cursory look at it. Seems pretty similar to what Benning was severely criticized and fined for. Something smells with this whole thing.

Way this league is run, they'd prob advise a guy like Demers(one case) to say his bs. Diff standards for diff markets.

we gave up a  first rounder in mccann and a second rounder and a fifth for guddy and a fourth  only way id trade him is for a 1st 2nd and  3rd  or 2 1st rounders 

why would we sell something for less than we paid for him. Hes still a young big dman if panthers want him back they have to pay for him id rather trade hutton for a first at deadline but thats me we are loaded on left side  

17 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

why wouldnt he re-sign, he could of just left last season if he really wanted, i doubt he leaves next year and we re-sign him.

he was an RFA last year so no real leverage on his part. If he wants to go back to FLA and Tallon knows it.. well we may end up losing him for nothing. We should know in January where things are at and unless his agent leaks that Guddy wants out we can probably get a solid return for him at the TDL. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he was an RFA last year so no real leverage on his part. If he wants to go back to FLA and Tallon knows it.. well we may end up losing him for nothing. We should know in January where things are at and unless his agent leaks that Guddy wants out we can probably get a solid return for him at the TDL. 

ah, yeah true forgot about that. well here's hoping he re-signs but if he wants out hopefully he tells management a head of time.

27 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

we gave up a  first rounder in mccann and a second rounder and a fifth for guddy and a fourth  only way id trade him is for a 1st 2nd and  3rd  or 2 1st rounders 

why would we sell something for less than we paid for him. Hes still a young big dman if panthers want him back they have to pay for him id rather trade hutton for a first at deadline but thats me we are loaded on left side  

What Vancouver paid to get him is inconsequential.  He hasn't been good (so far) in Vancouver and now he's a pending UFA.  I'm not saying Vancouver should trade him. But his value certainly hasn't increased in his time in Vancouver, let alone  to the level of what you said you'd want in return. 

Archived