The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) VAN - ARI

To Van: Dylan Strome

To Ari: Jake Virtanen + Hutton 

Dylan Strome was just assigned to the AHL and the coyotes are deep at center. Strome could be Vancouvers number 2 center and allow pettersson to play the wing. Hutton is expendable with pouliot and joulevi fighting for a top 4 spot next year.

Not a chance in hell.

As @Adarsh Sant already said, Virtanen looks great right now, and Strome simply doesn't. 

And Hutton? He's a young, mobile Dman with decent size that's already a legitimate NHLer. For all we know Juolevi and Pouliot may both flame out. Neither have looked great thus far. If that does happen and we've already moved Hutton as well, we're boned.

I haven't seen Strome since the WJC but I do this deal every time if its available. There must be something I'm missing here did Strome have a major concussion or something. How has his stock fallen so far in the eyes of CDC cuz last I checked  his tool box makes Virtanens look like a bag of hammers. Though I will say of the Coyotes prospects I always preferred Keller. If there is a way to snap him up I'm all in.

17 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes Strome is future 2nd rounder action for JB.

Well, I was pretty bitter over the OP but I've eaten dinner since. Both times I was actually hungry today, I was drawn to this thread.

I'd be a bit surprised if Strome fell that hard, but if he keeps on his current path he could very well turn into a reclimation project.

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

I haven't seen Strome since the WJC but I do this deal every time if its available. There must be something I'm missing here did Strome have a major concussion or something. How has his stock fallen so far in the eyes of CDC cuz last I checked  his tool box makes Virtanens look like a bag of hammers. Though I will say of the Coyotes prospects I always preferred Keller. If there is a way to snap him up I'm all in.

He's slow on his skates and doesnt think the game very quick. His size has allowed him to dominate juniors. Having excellent linemates in junior have helped with that. Strome has shown poorly in the nhl thus far in both regular season and pre season games. Everyone drafted in the top 10 in 2015 have shown more at the nhl level than him.

Still could become a decent center but no way would I offer up Virtanen and Hutton. I'd consider offering Virtanen but Hutton would be off the table

Archived