The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ring of Honor: Bertuzzi or Burrows?

canuckels

It was stated on Sportsnet 650, that todd bertuzzi deserves a ring of honor spot over burrows, as he has done MORE for the organization. IMO that's ludacris, I don't take nothing away from the west coast express but overall it's not even close for me. Slaying the dragon, scoring the goal to sweep the blues, the heart, how hard he worked was far more impactful on the Canucks as an organization. So please humour me with some opinions.

Bertuzzi or Burrows for ROH....

29 minutes ago, canuckels said:

It was stated on Sportsnet 650, that todd bertuzzi deserves a ring of honor spot over burrows, as he has done MORE for the organization. IMO that's ludacris, I don't take nothing away from the west coast express but overall it's not even close for me. Slaying the dragon, scoring the goal to sweep the blues, the heart, how hard he worked was far more impactful on the Canucks as an organization. So please humour me with some opinions.

Bertuzzi or Burrows for ROH....

MI0003089550.jpg

Ludacris for ROH. :P

While I am a big fan of both, I don't think either of them should get that honour.

Look at the guys that are up there...

Kurtenbach - First captain

McLean - Franchise leader in several goaltending statistics

Gradin - Former highest scoring centre in franchise history

Snepts - Former franchise leader in games played and penalty minutes

Quinn - Won the 1992 Jack Adams Award

Ohlund - Highest scoring defensemen in franchise history

While Bert and Burr were a big part of the team for a long time, how do they compare to those kinds of qualifications?  The only team record I could find that either are credited with is Burr is tied with Adams for most playoff OT goals.  They were great Canucks, just not RoH great. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

then you clearly didn't appreciate what Burr did for this team. Burr over Bert if I'm forced to pick. 

This is what happens when the team you and I cheer for has few reasons to celebrate. We have to honour something right? So lets choose a 3rd liner who caught fire in a bottle for a few seasons but worked his way into the urban legend books by scoring a big goal in the first round of a playoff bracket.

But yes I would pick him over a guy who, if I close my eyes, all I recall doing is sucker punching an opposing player in the back of the skull. But I would choose pretty much anyone over Bertuzzi.

the next player I want to see in the Ring of Honour is the player who leads this team to a Stanley Cup win. That's something worth honouring.

Todd Bertuzzi over Burr. No question. Although I would not be opposed to both going up. It would never happen though because Steve Moore would b**** about it. And Patrick O'Sullivan would b**** if Burrows would go up. On second thought, but both of them up. Just to piss off Moore and O'Sullivan.

Bertuzzi and Burrows both deserve ROH. It's real simple though, it should go to Bert first because he's already retired. Bert only played about 500 games as a Canuck. Burr over 800...

Bertuzzi was the best power forward in the league for about 1 season. Then he was in the top 5 for most of his tenure in Vancouer.

Both are Vancouver's sons IMO. GOATS! 

Archived