The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Montreal/Vancouver

Pretty curious to see what a lot of CDC'ers think of Galchenyuks value. At 23 there is still plenty of room for improvement and the only team that seemingly mishandles their best young players worse then vancouver is Montreal and tonight hes on the 4th line. Travis Green could very well have a huge impact on his game like he has on Jakes thus far. 

Hutton for Galchenyuk straight up 

or

Tanev for Galchenyuk plus a pick

1 hour ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Pretty curious to see what a lot of CDC'ers think of Galchenyuks value. At 23 there is still plenty of room for improvement and the only team that seemingly mishandles their best young players worse then vancouver is Montreal and tonight hes on the 4th line. Travis Green could very well have a huge impact on his game like he has on Jakes thus far. 

Hutton for Galchenyuk straight up 

or

Tanev for Galchenyuk plus a pick

Montreal doesn't need another waiver eligible D. They need more scoring. Something Galchenyuk can provide if he gets going.  Neither trade is a fit for their needs 

Agreed. If Mete lasts the 9 games which it looks like he will they will have a moderate to decent top 4. Not great by any standard but I don't think BH could unseat any of them (mete, Weber, alzner, Petry). Would need to trade offers dive talent. 

Might be able to trade Baertschi+ for him but the discussion would need to be what the + is.

I personally think he would look good on Bo's LW

Putting Chucky on the 4th line is stupid to begin with. I just wish we had a surplus French Canadian to dazzle Bergevin with.... maybe Vanek, Baer and Guillaume Brisebois? But honestly Bergevin will not settle for anything other than stealing something from Jim so nothings going to happen. 

I'm wondering if Montreal will take a look at Duchene again.

I think Galchenyuk played with Yakupov in junior?

What other players, prospects would be involved I don't know. Obviously Montreal wouldn't have a problem with those two swapping places but what would it take to get Colorado interested?

Maybe:

To Colorado: Mete, Galchenyuk, 1st

To Montreal: Duchene, late pick(?)

I think they had better offers in the summer but maybe Colorado sees double redemption in Galchenyuk  & Yak  if Yak keeps going?!

montreal would definitely try to get van's 1st rounder in either 2018 or 2019

van wouldn't do it, because of how deep the upcoming draft is.

to mtl:

goldobin

2018 2nd

to van:

galchenyuk

goldobin's in the doghouse and doesn't seem like he will get a legit chance out here, so i think this deal could work for both sides

9 minutes ago, DudePerfect said:

montreal would definitely try to get van's 1st rounder in either 2018 or 2019

van wouldn't do it, because of how deep the upcoming draft is.

to mtl:

goldobin

2018 2nd

to van:

galchenyuk

goldobin's in the doghouse and doesn't seem like he will get a legit chance out here, so i think this deal could work for both sides

Swing and a miss, that doesn't address Montreal's needs at all.  Montreal needs a top centre, not futures, not to mention it's not nearly enough value going to them

Archived