The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Harvey Weinstein Scandal Leads to Me Too Movement

DonLever

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So, you don't think it's important?

Do you believe Weinstein is guilty Strome?  Yes or no.  Don't skate around with your usual BS or hang on to someone else's comment.

Yes or no.

Because it's quite important.  As someone who has been accused more than Weinstein with a shade more evidence is now the president but those cases are "fake news" but Weinstein is accused and based on the status of the accusers is somehow more believable.

This is a very important distinction.  How do decade(s) go by with no mention of this until now by these people?  If Weinstein is to be held accountable why only him and not Trump?  Clinton?  The other elite and or powerful individuals in charge of various companies or government institutions who might also be guilty or accused of these crimes.

Do you think he's guilty Strome?  

Don't even know the guy or the stories. Fill me in.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

wow, id love to live under the rock you live under. This has been everywhere the past 5 days. No wonder you have no clue about most stuff you spew on this site. 

7 minutes ago, LordCanuck said:

wow, id love to live under the rock you live under. This has been everywhere the past 5 days. No wonder you have no clue about most stuff you spew on this site

Any examples? I recall correcting you more than a few times and then you disappear champ. I've been in Northern Alberta working most the hours in a day, sorry I don't have your time to follow these stories.

I understand the allegations but not enough of the story nor did I know who he was. I guess I'm more interested in making money then hanging out watching t.v for 5 days straight like you.

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Wealthy elitist accused of sexual assault and harassment now multiple wimen are coming out to lay claims against him years later.

It's pretty relevant considering the state of things in the US with the president currently under similar allegations 

If someone can say he's guilty or probably guilty they then need to paint numerous others with the same brush

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wealthy elitist accused of sexual assault and harassment now multiple wimen are coming out to lay claims against him years later.

It's pretty relevant considering the state of things in the US with the president currently under similar allegations 

If someone can say he's guilty or probably guilty they then need to paint numerous others with the same brush

I pretty much knew this part. So nothing confirmed? Why are Democratic politicians giving money back they received from him? I assumed more was known when I heard politicians giving back money.

Obviously one is innocent until proven guilty however that's not the case in the Trump thread.

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I pretty much knew this part. So nothing confirmed? Why are Democratic politicians giving money back they received from him? I assumed more was known when I heard politicians giving back money.

Obviously one is innocent until proven guilty however that's not the case in the Trump thread.

No that's the curious case isn't it?

Because one side swears he's guilty.  The other swears he's innocent.

In this case people are swearing he's guilty but ONLY based on the "credentials" of the accusers, as though social standing makes them more credible victims?

But the similarities between the two (and numerous others) are so similar as to be related.  It's an odd world we live in, in which political leaning can dictate innocent but social standing or credentials can dictate guilt

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

In this case people are swearing he's guilty but ONLY based on the "credentials" of the accusers, as though social standing makes them more credible victims?

But the similarities between the two (and numerous others) are so similar as to be related.  It's an odd world we live in, in which political leaning can dictate innocent but social standing or credentials can dictate guilt

Why don't we let old Harvey do the talking?

He will be singing like a canary fairly soon.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/harvey-weinstein-audio-tape

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

shes giving 10% of her income same as always

shes not giving much back , 100,000 or so technically

she was always gonna give the ten percent, not giving the money back just keeping up the normal ten percent it will come out of that she said.

she will keep the other 90%

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I think it's not just based on the credentials of the accusers. Harvey himself admitted that he has been doing a lot of wrong sexual-related things. His wife just left him because of the harm he has done to other women. That's damning.

28 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Wait...what? Powerful people in Hollywood would dare suggest that sexual favours would advance careers?

This is truly shocking.

Can’t these guys just be happy not having sex like the rest of us married folk?

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Considering the number of "powerful" Hollywood women coming forward, it's only a matter of time before this guy is charged, tried, convicted, and locked up.  The other men you mention have nothing to do with this case.

Doubtful. Guilty in the court public opinion but law is entirely different. If they can't get Cosby, they're probably not going to get Weinstein..

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

Wait...what? Powerful people in Hollywood would dare suggest that sexual favours would advance careers?

This is truly shocking.

FTFY.

This problem goes way beyond just Hollywood and, unfortunately, should surprise literally no one. 

Found this interesting, no idea if true or ended up happening...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/01/malia-obama-harvey-weinstein-internship

After the Obama family returns from their post-inauguration vacation to Palm Springs, three of them—Barack, Michelle, and Sasha—will readjust to civilian life in Kalorama, a D.C. neighborhood located just two miles from their old digs. The missing family member? That would be 18-year-old Malia, who’s reportedly off to a new adventure: an internship for mega-producer Harvey Weinsten.

Page Six first reported Thursday night that the future Harvard undergrad—she’s taking a gap year before beginning college this fall—will begin work with Weinstein “sometime in the future.” The Hollywood Reporter followed with news that Malia “is expected to begin work in the New York office of The Weinstein Co. in February,” shortly after her family’s Palm Springs jaunt.

Clearly, there’ll be a lot more for her to learn at the Weinstein Company: Harvey Weinstein is a notorious mover and shaker in Hollywood, a comeback kid whose producing prowess and reputation for waging fierce Oscar campaigns has inspired admiration, envy, and every other emotion on the spectrum. (His former assistant Leslye Headland, now a successful screenwriter and director in her own right, wrote a scathing 2008 play based in part on her experience working for Weinstein, called Assistance.)

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

FTFY.

This problem goes way beyond just Hollywood and, unfortunately, should surprise literally no one. 

It's even sadder that when it happens outside of Hollywood (and in it too), a lot of people's first instinct is to call the person who was harassed a liar and say they're in it for the money/attention. 

Archived