The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Harvey Weinstein Scandal Leads to Me Too Movement

DonLever

15 hours ago, Warhippy said:

No that's the curious case isn't it?

Because one side swears he's guilty.  The other swears he's innocent.

In this case people are swearing he's guilty but ONLY based on the "credentials" of the accusers, as though social standing makes them more credible victims?

But the similarities between the two (and numerous others) are so similar as to be related.  It's an odd world we live in, in which political leaning can dictate innocent but social standing or credentials can dictate guilt

He literally admits to his accuser on tape that he sexually assaulted her and has done it before. Stop with the Trump comparisons unless you can find a similar tape of Trump...

The entertainment business, in general, is rife with this kind of stuff, if they were ever able to peel back all the various layers of cover-ups people would be totally gobsmacked. I was on the extreme outer fringes of it many years ago and the stuff we saw and heard even at that level was mind-boggling. Sex, in all its various forms, is considered nothing more than a currency, and if you don't pay you don't get—simple as that.

surprised it took so long for weinstein's fall to happen - this guy's behaviour has been whispered about for years

wouldn't be surprised if bryan singer isn't next for a massive call out. how he escaped the first series of accusations with his career in tact is beyond me -- he's overdue to have his career fall off

Harvey Weinstein's Contract Allowed for Sexual Harassment, Report Says

weinstein_0.jpg?itok=6vA7e9Jz David M. Benett / Getty

October 13, 2017 

Harvey Weinstein’s company might have wrongfully terminated the disgraced Hollywood producer. According to TMZ, Weinstein’s contract supposedly allowed for him to be sued for sexual harassment.

The report claims that Weinstein’s 2015 contract states he can get sued for any type of misconduct – including sexual harassment – and that all Weinstein needs to do is pay up and he is in the clear.

According to TMZ, the contract outlined how TWC could fine Weinstein and under what circumstances they could fire him:

According to the contract, if Weinstein "treated someone improperly in violation of the company's Code of Conduct," he must reimburse TWC for settlements or judgments. Additionally, "You [Weinstein] will pay the company liquidated damages of $250,000 for the first such instance, $500,000 for the second such instance, $750,000 for the third such instance, and $1,000,000 for each additional instance."

There's another provision ... he can be fired for "the perpetuation by you [Weinstein] of a material fraud against the company." The question ... where's the fraud? Lance Maerov, the board member who negotiated Weinstein's 2015 contract, said in an interview -- and we've confirmed -- the Board knew Weinstein had settled prior lawsuits brought by various women, but they "assumed" it was to cover up consensual affairs. The Board's assumption does not constitute fraud on Weinstein's part.

More surprisingly is how TWC fired Weinstein, supposedly without giving a specific reason, which could potentially violate the terms of his contract:

And here's the kicker. Even if Weinstein had committed fraud by not fully informing the Board of Directors, the contract says before he can be fired he has a right to mediation and if that doesn't work, he's entitled to arbitration. He got neither. He was summarily fired, and sources connected with Weinstein tell TMZ he was never given a specific reason.

This new revelation is likely to cause even more backlash against the Hollywood entertainment industry, which is being broadly accused of covering up Weinstein’s behavior for years.

On Thursday, another major company was implicated in Weinstein's actions. Actress Rose McGowan, one of the alleged victims of Weinstein, claimed in a series of tweets that Jeff Bezos’ Amazon knew about her allegations against the producer:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22228/harvey-weinsteins-contract-allowed-sexual-ryan-saavedra

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Evil knows no political boundaries, that's for sure.

When creeps enter into positions of power , they have access to opportunities.

I hope the legal system throws the book at this guy and sends a message to hollywood and actually to all USA business....

Preying on young woman /  using your position of power to manipulate young women  is sick disgusting behavior.  

Hopefully he faces criminal charges soon. 

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

I salute the women that are speaking out against this dirtbag.

Sounds like he was quite the bully. I hope he falls hard!

Takes real courage for these women to come forward and put an end to his abusive behavior.

Props to those that are coming forward. 

6 hours ago, Toews said:

Lol @ Trump's response, "That's just locker room talk". I do think it is concerning how so many of these predators seem to come from the entertainment industry, like reality TV and entertainment news network Faux News.

I think it's concerning you and warhippy obsessing over Trump.

23 hours ago, gerry35 said:

This isn't about Trump but about Hollywood and media elites. I don't think Trump was an angel when he was younger but I don't believe much about what gets reported on him. It's amazing how so may close to the Clinton's turn out to be paedophiles and abusers. That's just the ones convicted. 

Trump lives rent-free in Hippy's head. I bet he has a hard time sleeping because he can't stop thinking about him.

21 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Why don't we let old Harvey do the talking?

He will be singing like a canary fairly soon.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/10/harvey-weinstein-audio-tape

6 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

He literally admits to his accuser on tape that he sexually assaulted her and has done it before. Stop with the Trump comparisons unless you can find a similar tape of Trump...

@Warhippy I think you mislead me.

7 hours ago, D-Money said:

Polanski drugged an underage girl and raped her, and has run from punishment for decades. Hollywood gave him an Oscar.

Weinstein may be a sleazebag, but it was probably par for the course in the industry not long ago.

Good old Meryl Streep says she had no idea that her good buddy Harvey Weinstein was doing what he was doing. I don't believe it.

Here she is applauding and defending Roman Polanski, who drugged and raped a 13 year old girl before fleeing to France to avoid being arrested and showing her true colours. I have to add I love the look of disgust on Harrison Ford's face, good for him. Hollywood in particular has a huge problem with powerful paedophiles. I have been quite vocal about the media and Hollywood in the last few months because they are so openly corrupt and continue to get away with it. In a small way hopefully we all say enough to such evil and we won't tolerate it anymore. 

7 hours ago, D-Money said:

Polanski drugged an underage girl and raped her, and has run from punishment for decades. Hollywood gave him an Oscar.

Weinstein may be a sleazebag, but it was probably par for the course in the industry not long ago.

They had a petion while back in regards to RP, of course Harvey signed it.

Roman, Harvey, Woody, what a trio! 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2009/sep/29/roman-polanski-petition

Archived