Sign in to follow this  
luckylager

Whatcha listening to, Punk?!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Going to see Propagandhi at the Rickshaw on the 8th! 

 

 

 

 

Not punk but going to Arcade Fire tomorrow.....STOKED!!!!!!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Going to see Propagandhi at the Rickshaw on the 8th! 

 

 

 

 

Not punk but going to Arcade Fire tomorrow.....STOKED!!!!!!

For sure Propagandhi will be getting some play from me. Saw them at the Croatian years ago. Pretty sure they tried to open for Nofx, but ended up having bottles thrown at them when they didn't shut up about "social issues".

 

Had to be the Nofx show... No Use, maybe? Wait, no... I feel sooooo oooold

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

For sure Propagandhi will be getting some play from me. Saw them at the Croatian years ago. Pretty sure they tried to open for Nofx, but ended up having bottles thrown at them when they didn't shut up about "social issues".

 

Had to be the Nofx show... No Use, maybe? Wait, no... I feel sooooo oooold

If it was like 15 years ago maybe NoFX...but Fat Mike and their singer don't exactly get along....   That might explain why they didn't play Vancouver for years....I saw them for Today's Empires tour and then not again until last winter ..on my birthday!!  That was a blast..was also at the Rickshaw. 

Edited by Gnarcore

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

If it was like 15 years ago maybe NoFX...but Fat Mike and their singer don't exactly get along....   That might explain why they didn't play Vancouver for years....I saw them for Today's Empires tour and then not again until last winter ..on my birthday!!  That was a blast..was also at the Rickshaw. 

Definitely more than 15 years ago. Probably 99-01.. Somewhere in there. Was a 2/3 year bender.

 

They might have taken a break from Van after getting boo'd and bottled off stage for not playing music, but just drunken ranting about their "issues."

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Definitely more than 15 years ago. Probably 99-01.. Somewhere in there. Was a 2/3 year bender.

 

They might have taken a break from Van after getting boo'd and bottled off stage for not playing music, but just drunken ranting about their "issues."

 

They definitely used to talk more....was all business pretty much last time. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

 

They definitely used to talk more....was all business pretty much last time. 

In spirit of the thread, and considering we keep talking about them-

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

 

As my avatar demonstrates..big fan.  Almost bought tickets to the Vegas show...but can't get that time off work....being New Years....

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Also this:
 

 

 

Never heard this one before but it's pretty good

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cramarossa said:

 

Gotta say, Descendents are one of my all time faves. Liveage is the best live punk album ever. IMHO

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, luckylager said:

Gotta say, Descendents are one of my all time faves. Liveage is the best live punk album ever. IMHO

 

I got turned on to them when I was in a big Sublime phase and found out "Hope" was actually a cover. This is the kind of music I pretended to listen to in high school to fit in with the cool punks/alternative kids and skaters :lol: I only really started listening to it in college.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cramarossa said:

I got turned on to them when I was in a big Sublime phase and found out "Hope" was actually a cover. This is the kind of music I pretended to listen to in high school to fit in with the cool punks/alternative kids and skaters :lol: I only really started listening to it in college.

I know some day

I'll be the only one

 

Milo is f#(king awesome. And although I do have a very large, beer belly size soft spot for Sublime, Bradley did a terrible cover of that song. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I know some day

I'll be the only one

 

Milo is f#(king awesome. And although I do have a very large, beer belly size soft spot for Sublime, Bradley did a terrible cover of that song. 

Agreed. I love Sublime and liked their version but once I heard the original it became the only version I listen to.

I have a soft spot for Milo because he is a science nerd like me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Haha, @BowtieCanuck 

 

I'm guessing you never listened to the original. Straight up, Sublime's cover of "Hope" is pretty weak. If I hadn't heard the Descendents play it first, I might not feel the same.

 

But you know where you can put that minus eh. Right up your subjectivity

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Cramarossa said:

Agreed. I love Sublime and liked their version but once I heard the original it became the only version I listen to.

I have a soft spot for Milo because he is a science nerd like me.

The guy is gifted in a few ways, for sure.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.