The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whatcha listening to, Punk?!

Rate this topic

luckylager

44 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Haha, @BowtieCanuck 

I'm guessing you never listened to the original. Straight up, Sublime's cover of "Hope" is pretty weak. If I hadn't heard the Descendents play it first, I might not feel the same.

But you know where you can put that minus eh. Right up your subjectivity

I heard the original before I heard the Sublime version, I think its the superior version still. They phoned in their version of 'We're Only Gunna Die' though. For the most part though they did make better versions of the songs they covered.

Me First and The Gimmes Gimmes can't really say that.

19 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

I heard the original before I heard the Sublime version, I think its the superior version still. They phoned in their version of 'We're Only Gunna Die' though. For the most part though they did make better versions of the songs they covered.

Completely disagree.

4 minutes ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Not even close to their best cover. Seasons In The Sun, Jolene, Desperado are personal favorites of mine but honestly I'd love to see them do a completely new album theme.

They make every song their own. That's their beauty. 

Cover band is a short sell. 

Just now, luckylager said:

They make every song their own. That's their beauty. 

Cover band is a short sell. 

Thats completely true when your cover band isn't essentially a punk supergroup.

Been rocking this in the car a lot lately. Gotta love when Spotify puts songs you forgot about on you 'Discover Weekly' playlist,

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

Get a clue.