The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks 2017/18

86Viking

17 hours ago, Provost said:

For the ones rationalizing it by saying he will just be in the press box.... you have an extra forward in case they have to play.

You also reward guys who are going in the minors with call ups.  

There will I’ll be some dumb explanation by the Canucks that they want Goldobin to get some more games under his belt before he gets a call up.  We will also remember that when he signs in the KHL next season because he didn’t get a sniff when he earned it.  A team that is rebuilding and can’t score should be calling up goal scorers, and he knows it.

2n093qf.jpg

#%*&@%#@&%$%#!    Now Stecher?!

What is it with defensemen and this team?  And always the top D. It did not sound good with no weight on his knee as he left.  I just pray he gets back to 100%, even if it takes 6 weeks or more, and that this injury doesn't affect his game from now on.

2 hours ago, E. Lindros said:

Stecher out with a lower body injury.

Can this topic get pinned so it stays at the top of the first page moderators!?

Every year in camp, some fans are worried that we have too many D. Then, the injuries start kicking in and we don’t seem to have enough lol

2 hours ago, mll said:

After watching that again, ( taking my own "just watch" advise ).... it is clear that the Wings player "dug in" and did a small but brutal "hit" on Stecher's thigh....just above the knee...it was too small a movement for the ref's to catch...so I'm not going to blame them this time....but it was all in all pretty vicious and looked like intent to injure to me....

9 hours ago, mll said:

I had a similar ACL tear (twisting with my blade in a rut) when I was in the DUB years ago 

It took nearly two years to feel like I was no longer in quicksand and more than a year before I was back playing

All be it that today's medical is much better 

I PRAY he just twisted his knee or he may be done for the year if it's a tear 

PS Tatar hit the right leg but clearly, it's his left that got injured (this why I fear its a tear)

7 minutes ago, Freaky Freak said:

I had a similar ACL tear (twisting with my blade in a rut) when I was in the DUB years ago 

It took nearly two tears to feel like I was no longer in quicksand and more than a year before I was back playing

All be it that today's medical is much better 

I PRAY he just twisted his knee or he may be done for the year if it's a tear 

PS Tatar hit the right leg but clearly, it's his left that got injured (this why I fear its a tear)

Only took "two tears".......man you must have been tough. :rolleyes:

SO much more comfortable with our D depth this year, at least on the bottom end.

Biega and Weircoch are not a terrible bottom pairing after the two injuries.

Holm, Subban, Brisebois, and Chatfield still in the wings who are probably due for a few NHL games.

29 minutes ago, Provost said:

SO much more comfortable with our D depth this year, at least on the bottom end.

Biega and Weircoch are not a terrible bottom pairing after the two injuries.

Holm, Subban, Brisebois, and Chatfield still in the wings who are probably due for a few NHL games.

Agreed.  Really on all lines we have better depth so as these injuries mount hopefully it won't have a lot of adverse effect.

Will miss Stecher though - our d isn't exactly very dynamic.

On 14/10/2017 at 3:13 PM, Warhippy said:

It's all part of the plan.

Edler goes down now.

3 weeks from now Tanev goes down for 4 weeks.  

2 weeks in to Tanevs injury Henrik goes down for 4 weeks with an upper body injury.

Out of the playoffs by mid-January and trading Gudbranson; Sutter and maybe Tanev by the TDL 

Finish worst in the league for the first time in forever draft 4th after watching Toronto and Edmonton missing the playoffs but sliding in to the top 2 spots.

Draft Tkachuk or Merkley and hear Heffy lose his mind that Edler wasn't traded.  Guardian lose his mind because Benning and Linden just don't know.  5th line go on a 3 year tangent about why the player we took at 4th is a complete bust and omg look at who we missed out on.

And then start salivating about next year's can't kiss top 10 draft picks

Rince and repeat, ad infinium.

Archived