The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Harvey Spector said:

C’mon guys we are actually one point AHEAD of Edmonton and they have Jesus on their team. There is still hope really.  Imagine how Edmonton fans must be feeling right now...  

But they have 10 years of practice on us

20 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

Team seems in disarray....execution was poor...There's not a single player that comes to mind on the Canucks that stood out....Poor effort against a division rival that played the previous night. 

Hutton put in the effort; Dorsett had his moments... the rest of the team?  Pouliot looks like he might belong.  

Your point about disarray is dead on: the pp was terrible again.  pk was only average.  Puck pursuit by D as well as forwards was not good.

Alflives mentioned we'd see Demko before the year is out... lol I thought he was overly optimistic. Now I'm thinking... we need a number 1 goalie.

5 minutes ago, tybarber said:

Pouliot looks good offensively, but the guy does not seem capable of making an accurate outlet pass.  

Pass the puck to Bo as he flies up the left wing on the power play worked in game 1, not so much anymore. 

Did bo get bumped to the fourth line? I saw burmistrov end the game with baertschi and boeser in like the whole third period, didn't see much of bo for 5 on 5.

MDZ is playing really well, two unfortunate bounces last two games. Loved the gudbranson push back in the first, but they needed more of that in the third. 

Horvat got replaced by Burmistrov with 15min to go in the 3rd. He played on the PK.  He got back in at EV with 6min to go but on a line with Gagner and Granlund.  He also took the last shift of the game with Vanek who had also been parked with 11min to go.

Just now, WZRD said:

Anyone else getting tired of seeing Horvat trying to beat three players when he carries the puck only to lose it every single time?

Reminds me of Kesler xD

Honestly, he needs someone better that Baer on his left side. Baer has been crap since the season started.

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

.....Boeser had a decent game scoring a pretty goal.

I know he did, but I was talking about the PP specifically.

The power play sucked the life right out of the team tonight, Coach Green and his staff take responsibility for this embarassment.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results,"  for a thousand times!!!

Archived