The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames vs. Vancouver Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

TSN 1040 - Coach Green commented on Baertschi saying he is close to scoring, and he is showing some confidence.  

I couldn't disagree more.  Sven has been an absolute hot mess

He hasn't done anything but he's trying.  Almost too hard sometimes.  Slow start sucks because when he's on Bo's wing we pretty much need them to produce if we want a chance to win. 

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

How did Pouliot do?  Only managed to catch the latter half of the first?  heard them raving about his skating and ability to get shots on the net.  

Did he fit in well? stand out in a good way? did he walk the line???

He was decent, his skating is really top notch and he used it to jump in the rush a couple times. Very promising, I'd pair him with Guddy to allow him to roam a bit.

There is way too much pussyfooting around the obvious with Green, Benning, and Linden. 

They need to drop the Sedins at season's end. Stating that they have "earned" the choice to stay Canucks is moronic. If this organization wants to actually ascend the NHL ladder and become a viable contender, they need to let the Sedins walk. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We need to find a way to score goals. If you want to win in this league, it's tough to do that with two goals." - Green

Boeser needs to play more and with a set up man....the problem is the team doesn't have a set up man because everyone is trying to do their own thing...they need to start to work together...like Hull and Oates...Oates whole objective was to set up the trigger man, Hull. 

Boeser is the trigger man, but someone has to start playing with him as his set up man, rather than being mindless players and playing like individuals.

Players that make their linemates better, play to the strength of their linemates...just like Hull and Oates played.

1 minute ago, the_impersonator13 said:

How long before Green gets annoyed with all of Patterson and Botch's questions he goes all GSP on them and tunes them up

Tonight was the first real test on Green's coaching abilities, he didn't fare well.

6 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm predicting we will not hear anything official until Monday or next game day Tuesday. Greener made us wait on eagles injury. Think it might be a common thing if we have the depth to replace the injured player.

Who has looked good down in Utica so far? have they started the season as of yet?

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

Boeser needs to play more and with a set up man....the problem is the team doesn't have a set up man because everyone is trying to do their own thing...they need to start to work together...like Hull and Oates...Oates whole objective was to set up the trigger man, Hull. 

Boeser is the trigger man, but someone has to start playing with him as his set up man, rather than being mindless players and playing like individuals.

Players that make their linemates better, play to the strength of their linemates...just like Hull and Oates played.

Pettersson is coming 

4 minutes ago, PCprincipal said:

He was decent, his skating is really top notch and he used it to jump in the rush a couple times. Very promising, I'd pair him with Guddy to allow him to roam a bit.

He went on two decent rushes... allowed the Canucks to flood the zone... even went behind the opposition's net.  I don't recall him looking bad defensively, which is pretty good in a 5-2 loss.  Not his fault that there's not enough forwards who can score.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

There is way too much pussyfooting around the obvious with Green, Benning, and Linden. 

They need to drop the Sedins at season's end. Stating that they have "earned" the choice to stay Canucks is moronic. If this organization wants to actually ascend the NHL ladder and become a viable contender, they need to let the Sedins walk. 

I agree we aren't getting better until the Sedins are replaced - but we need to establish that replacement before we push to jettison the twins. 

I don't buy the angle that they're somehow a drag on the team - or if other current players received their ice/deployment they would be as productive let alone better.

Maybe when Gaudette joins at the end of the year - or Petterson in 2019. Until they're an afterthought behind 2 strong lines and a checking line I can't buy into the get rid of the Twins line.  

Off the first unit power play?  Sure.

6 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

Just watched Rasmus Dahlin highlights for the first time... Omg... Please for the love of God let the Canucks get this kid... Just wow. 

Look...it's still fairly unlikely this kid ends up on our team (I base this gloomy statement on a whole host of factors, some of them comprising what is often referred to as "Canuck Luck"). But, if (when) things become depressing for us this year, it can be very diverting to play the "what if" fantasy...and dream what it would be to have a generational talent on our team. I have used it the last two years as a coping mechanism.

Archived