The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (15-21) 2017

15 minutes ago, Nigerian said:

What went on? 

Abdelkader was hooked by Hedman while on a breakaway. He didn't really get a shot off, but the puck went into the net and Cooper challenged for goalie interference. He won the challenge, then the refs put Hedman in the box for the hook that I don't think was called on the original play. The refs huddle up, get Hedman out of the box and give Abdelkader a penalty shot instead, which he scored on. 

Totally bizarre. 

17 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here is the NHL Three Stars of the Week for the Week:

1st Star: Nikolaj Ehlers, Jets
5 goals, 2 assists, 2 GWG

2nd Star: Auston Matthews, Maple Leafs
4 goals, 2 GWG

3rd Star: Nicklas Backstrom, Capitals
3 goals, 6 assists

IfED4sk.jpg

Ehlers...jesus.

20 hours ago, Green Building said:

Abdelkader was hooked by Hedman while on a breakaway. He didn't really get a shot off, but the puck went into the net and Cooper challenged for goalie interference. He won the challenge, then the refs put Hedman in the box for the hook that I don't think was called on the original play. The refs huddle up, get Hedman out of the box and give Abdelkader a penalty shot instead, which he scored on. 

Totally bizarre. 

LOL what!

Some cool tidbits from tonight:

Nikita Kucherov has extended his goal scoring streak to 7 games to start the season.

Will Butcher is the first defenceman in NHL history to record 9 assists in his first 6 career games.

The Maple Leafs have recorded a shutout in Washington for the first time in their history.

The Golden Knights are the 2nd team in NHL history to start their inaugural season with a 5-1 record following the 1917-18 Canadiens.

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Golden Knights are the 2nd team in NHL history to start their inaugural season with a 5-1 record following the 1917-18 Canadiens.

This one is the most surprising to me. They might make the playoffs at this rate and still be in the #3 lotto position. Thanks Gary.

Also, I wonder when Edmonton pushes the panic button? 1-4 must be a shock to the fan base there. Not to mention all those commercial sponsors. 

Archived