The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Average age

vladimir136

We are rebuilding...

first line has 37+37+33= 107 years

The oldest in the nhl by far

But we are rebuilding..

Glad we got vanek...33 years...7 clubs in last 8 years of his career...when you are good everybody wants you...we need someone to teach young guns and all that jazz...why we missed on jagr?...maybe we get him next year ...who knows...

We are rebuilding...

For all the Canucks tried to maintain a “winning culture,” Benning conceded that it didn't work out the way they'd hoped.

That was lost in all the injuries we had,” he said. “We had an older team. To be perfectly honest with you, we couldn't practise as hard as Willie (Desjardins) wanted to practise. We had to monitor the players' energy levels to save them for the games. Now we have a younger team, so we can practise hard.”

https://theathletic.com/124788/2017/10/13/a-chat-with-canucks-gm-jim-benning-who-walks-a-fine-line/

Sometimes Benning says some strange things. This team is actually older on paper than last year.

2 hours ago, vladimir136 said:

We are rebuilding...

But we are rebuilding..

Glad we got vanek...33 years...7 clubs in last 8 years of his career...when you are good everybody wants you...we need someone to teach young guns and all that jazz...why we missed on jagr?...maybe we get him next year ...who knows...

We are rebuilding...

Thanks for creating this new exciting topic that is finally an original idea!

Image result for beat dead horse gif

10 hours ago, vladimir136 said:

We are rebuilding...

But we are rebuilding..

We are rebuilding...

The Sedins aren't our first line anymore.

And you're complaining about age but then you complain about not getting Jagr?

I'm telling you as a fellow poster, you've got to think through your posts before you create a new thread. Actually, maybe you're better off not creating new threads for awhile. Just stick to replying to other threads.

thanks elvis15,

i did not make up numbers, twins plus vanek comes to 107, 

what is the issue ? are we rebuilding with these numbers?

you don't like it?

which part you don't like?

they are 107 or the one that i'm saying they are 107?

4 years going nowhere and i should just comment other comments?

thanks but no thanks

this is free forum

i'm not happy where canucks are now and i'm saying it as a canuck supporter

if someone does not like it , like you for example

then i have to ask you a question again

what don't you like?

that canucks are not going anywhere for four years or the one i'm saying about  it?

Florida was a middle of the pack team as far as average age goes until Jagr left, now they are among the youngest. In time it'll happen to us cause we'll likely be losing 2 near 40 year old players at the the same time on top of not having Vanek as early as after this season. This gives our young guys time to grow and mature properly. 

Archived