The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Austrian Election

CBH1926

7 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Frankly I am more libertarian on most issues....I'd be more conservative leaning but for some reason they're also religious and I have zero use for that.  If you believe the world is 5000 years old you should be barred from politics because you're a &^@#ing moron and your beliefs are detrimental to those capable of rational thinking* 

Only items I am full left on are drugs, health care and using our resources more for the people and not corporations.  

I was just pointing out that there are examples of social ideals working out just fine.  We're small enough and resource rich enough for it to work better here than it has.  

*I don't mean you personally...just a generality. 

I knew there was a good reason I liked you.

15 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

We have some of the largest oil reserves in the world and frankly should have built refineries long ago and shipped the finished product. Instead we ship heavy crude where refineries aren't set up for it in some cases, lose out on jobs and have foreign companies take much of the profit. Nice try though.  

Again, the only reason we have reserves is because we have the genius to make something out of nothing. There's no demand for refineries so why build them. I understand the pie in the sky wish for the extra jobs, but the fact is that demand comes from refineries needing oil....not from cars needing gas.  If you offered gas to China they would tell you to shove it....we need oil for our refineries.

The good part is our oil industry is almost like a manufacturing industry with lots of high and low tech jobs being created. This does cost us the ability to take royalties like the countries that just need to poke a hole in the ground.

1 hour ago, clam linguine said:

The Norwegians have oil. They don't have to be any smarter than Middle Eastern oil sheikdoms in order to prosper. Canadians don't have oil. We do have the genius to grow a job juggernaut of an industry out of nothing, an industry that can compete with the foreign fat asses. Unfortunately, Canadians are also burdened with zombie armed pipeline protesters intent on securing energy markets for those same entitled foreigners. 

I agree....sales tax is the way to go. 

Wow...that Austrian right wing guy is only 31 years old.

I agreed with your post until this.

5 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Again, the only reason we have reserves is because we have the genius to make something out of nothing. There's no demand for refineries so why build them. I understand the pie in the sky wish for the extra jobs, but the fact is that demand comes from refineries needing oil....not from cars needing gas.  If you offered gas to China they would tell you to shove it....we need oil for our refineries.

The good part is our oil industry is almost like a manufacturing industry with lots of high and low tech jobs being created, but we do forfeit the ability to take royalties like the countries that just need to poke a hole in the ground,

If there is demand for the crude...there is demand for the refineries to some capacity. We don't manufacture all our own gas and could. We're also shipping it south and buying it back...   Refined gas pipelines also have less issues than heavy. The Chinese and Indian demand for gas is not meeting expectations from years ago and the price is artificially low by slave labor opec nations to try to run us out of the business. 

21 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

We have some of the largest oil reserves in the world and frankly should have built refineries long ago and shipped the finished product. Instead we ship heavy crude where refineries aren't set up for it in some cases, lose out on jobs and have foreign companies take much of the profit. Nice try though.  

Please make this clear to your fellow B.C and Canadian friends. I have been trying my best for years. B.C is the hardest province to get on board.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Please make this clear to your fellow B.C and Canadian friends. I have been trying my best for years. B.C is the hardest province to get on board.

I was so down for Energy East....get that crude to our largest refinery and increase output....

EDIT:  The risk to the BC coast...which is a massive tourism draw is not worth the increase of oil tankers on our shores for Alberta and US companies profits imo. We needed far more reward imo. 

7 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I was so down for Energy East....get that crude to our largest refinery and increase output....

EDIT:  The risk to the BC coast...which is a massive tourism draw is not worth the increase of oil tankers on our shores for Alberta and US companies profits imo. We needed far more reward imo. 

I'm not even talking about pipelines just getting refineries built in this country is a nightmare.

What annoys me the most is the most anti Trump people oppose refineries and pipelines to the ocean, the irony is that supports Trump and the U.S. Canada has no control over some of our own natural resources, wrap your head around that!

If the U.S imposed tariffs on our oil we would have no choice but to pay it as we have no other option.

I don't care what political party you support but that is pathetic.

20 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Good man....keep those zombie arms stretched out to the max. Make sure your American/Saudi friends are kept happy. Good thing Justin is smart enough to figure this one out.  China wants our crude....nothing else. They'll even buy a few planes and trains for the privilege have having access to it. America doesn't want us to have an alternative market.

Direct us to a place on earth where a tanker spill has destroyed the environment. It's dirty, things die, it gets cleaned up, things go back to normal. Not a big deal.       :o

On October 16, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Ryan Strome said:

What annoys me the most is the most anti Trump people oppose refineries and pipelines to the ocean, the irony is that supports Trump and the U.S. Canada has no control over some of our own natural resources, wrap your head around that!

If the U.S imposed tariffs on our oil we would have no choice but to pay it as we have no other option.

I don't care what political party you support but that is pathetic.

Your oil gets sent down here to the refineries, and it is sold back at a higher price in Canada.

That is some crazy stuff!

13 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yup, so many Canadians oppose refineries. All that does is support American jobs and their economy.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for protecting the environment as much as possible.

Sometimes, strategic interests are more important.

I rather get the oil from North America, and stop supporting medieval regimes.

Archived