The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

11 hours ago, Green Building said:

Anyone else hate reality TV but find themselves watching Forged in Fire? Top notch bad-assery on display there. 

I used to hate reality TV, but I've recently started to watch some as my guilty pleasure. 

This Is Us - last tonight

While we all knew WHO was going to die, I dont think many had an idea HOW.

I must say, seeing Rebecca's reaction to being told far outweighed any impact it would have had if they had simply killed Jack in the house fire.

This show constantly manages to make me think, and throw me curves I wasnt expecting. This episode was definitely one of those.
The other curve ball at the end with Randalls daughter being the adoption lady, didnt see that coming either. It was a reminder to how the pilot played out to me, how they dont tell you what this character is about.... till they make the reveal.

On a show that I constantly think even the mediocre episodes are a 9/10, this was definitely 1 of their top 5. Hard to give it just a 10/10, it probably deserves an 11 for the way they developed all the twists & turns in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The back half of season 6 of Suits: 8/10

Overall, season 6 is a quite a lot better than the disaster that was season 5. Not sure what the hell happened there.

46 minutes ago, Incursio said:

The back half of season 6 of Suits: 8/10

Overall, season 6 is a quite a lot better than the disaster that was season 5. Not sure what the hell happened there.

Was season 5 where he went to prison? I stopped watching after that. 

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Was season 5 where he went to prison? I stopped watching after that. 

Actually, looking it up just now, it's the first part of S6 that the prison stuff happens. S5 was the Jack Soloff / Daniel Hardman stuff.

Oof. Then I stopped watching after season 6.

Yeah, I don't blame you, it was pretty bad. The new episodes on Netflix are better, but it's nowhere near as good as it was.

2 minutes ago, Incursio said:

Yeah, I don't blame you, it was pretty bad. The new episodes on Netflix are better, but it's nowhere near as good as it was.

I see US television much like athletes that stick around too long, instead of retiring 3 years earlier. It’s a money train that they don’t, understandably so, want to stop. But instead of getting an amazing Dexter series that ends after season 4, you get a painful Dexter series that ends after seasons 5-8. Couldn’t believe how awful that show got.

And Suits is really a series that should have ended after 3 or 4 seasons. That is, if money doesn’t come into play and you end with quality and integrity.

The Bachelor.  This is like a 10 or a 10+! This show, my god, is hilarious! It's 10:46pm, let's get to the point here.  Who does he end up with? I want to know by 11pm.  Tsk tsk tsk, c'mon, let's move on!  Let's have an answer by 11! 

Edited by brilac
Actually he did make up his mind, but is he with her..?

Collateral - 7.5/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6729080/

Pretty good 4 episodes mini-series. I was not a fan of Carey Mulligan until this. If you enjoyed HBO's 'The Night Of...' you would enjoy this. Great production. Great theme. Mulligan was superb. I'm not sure why people on IMBD piss all over it.

So I guess CBC drama is not nearly as well funded as the BBC's? BBC has great TV shows like this one; we get Bellevue.

lead_960.jpg.3ec3a13291ccbbd0b401fdef25903c80.jpg

black mirror recent season: 5.5/10 

the office (us): season 1: 3/10. couple funny moments, but almost every joke is a watered down version of the far superior UK version

the office (us): season 2: 7/10. way better than season 1, but still not super into it

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Canucks versus Kings.   Ended a few minutes ago.  Weak plot.   Little drama.   Not a recommended show.

Haven’t watched in a number of years, now. Showed promise with some great highs. But found that the last seasons have been unwatchable. They should cancel it or scrap what they have and get a new showrunner. 

• Upvote 2

Haven’t watched in a number of years, now. Showed promise with some great highs. But found that the last seasons have been unwatchable. They should cancel it or scrap what they have and get a new showrunner. 

Found this season more watchable than last.   Some of the new cast are nice additions - particularly one younger one.   I think the writing needs to improve a bit and the health of the actors needs addressing too.   I also would like to see some more new talent and perhaps some special effects thrown in.

• Upvote 1