The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

The Boys - Amazon Original Series

Don't really feel like going in depth or giving a long critique/review. Very graphic but enjoyable take on superheroes, and how they are not as wholesome as they appear. Really enjoyed this fresh take on how, if the world truly had hundreds of superheroes, the likelihood of them being good people would be slim to none.

Jack Ryan (Amazon)

4 episodes in and it does not disappoint.  Good action shots, good acting and story.  I decided to watch to see if John Krazsinksi could do a Jack Ryan role.  I’d say he plays it well.  

Sometimes when watching these kinds of shows (it plays middle eastern muslim extremists vs the west), I feel its going to be tilted to one side of the political spectrum and be filled with stupid one liners trying to score political points with whomever.  So far I find this show plays down the middle which allows you to enjoy it more as entertainment rather than having internal dialogues with yourself correcting world views you don’t agree with.  

Had a great time watching Stranger Things S3, I'd give it an 8/10. One of not many TV shows that really transport you into a different era/place and do it effectively.

The End of the F***ing World; 3 episodes in and honestly I'm very surprised by how much I like it. Very weird, very different, very psychotic. 7.5/10

Brooklyn Nine-Nine : favorite TV show that I can binge consistently over and over again and never get tired of: 9.5/10

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi

Broadchurch 

Finally finished the series. Watched the first two seasons about 3 years ago, and just never got around to watching season 3.

Season was incredibly solid. Perhaps even better than the first season. The last episode was a bit of a letdown, if only because it felt like it spent too much time on the criminals. Essentially, it would have been better stretching it into one more episode, so it didn’t feel so rushed with the last one. But otherwise, great ending to a super series. The last scene between Tennant and Coleman was done well, too.

I do wish I hadn’t put together “who done it” halfway through, though. 

• Upvote 1

On August 7, 2019 at 2:49 PM, debluvscanucks said:

Bachelor in Paradise - 10/10

10/10 is most probably much, i enjoy BIP more then any of their other series. 

I am most probably going to miss most of the season, but i am interested in what they do with demi's storyline and caelynn is clearly unstable. every show she goes on, she lies and nobody likes her. 

Did you watch bachelorette? how did you like hannah and her season? 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Monty said:

Broadchurch 

Finally finished the series. Watched the first two seasons about 3 years ago, and just never got around to watching season 3.

Season was incredibly solid. Perhaps even better than the first season. The last episode was a bit of a letdown, if only because it felt like it spent too much time on the criminals. Essentially, it would have been better stretching it into one more episode, so it didn’t feel so rushed with the last one. But otherwise, great ending to a super series. The last scene between Tennant and Coleman was done well, too.

I do wish I hadn’t put together “who done it” halfway through, though. 

LOVED BROADCHURCH. I feel in love with Olivia Coleman, which is why i was so excited they choose her to play the Queen. 

European television ( i watch quite a few of their shows on netflix) are just so solid. 

The FIVE, Happy Valley, Doctor Foster were also great!

18 minutes ago, Mango3 said:

10/10 is most probably much, i enjoy BIP more then any of their other series. 

I am most probably going to miss most of the season, but i am interested in what they do with demi's storyline and caelynn is clearly unstable. every show she goes on, she lies and nobody likes her. 

Did you watch bachelorette? how did you like hannah and her season? 

Funny, I didn't really care for Hannah on Colton's season but I grew to LOVE her on hers.  She was lacking in confidence SO much during the Colton deal but that seems to have faded and she's actually shown to be a strong woman who really seemed to give the process serious consideration.  I liked her honesty.  I was hoping she picked Peter (the pilot), but maybe she sensed that he was a bit of a player.  Finding the condom in his car and all...

Caelynn's a weirdo...I can't stand her.  

Demi ends up with a woman .... interested to see who it is.   Not sure how believable any of it is, but it seems that the updates post season confirm that at least some of it's true.  But I'm so skeptical of a lot of it.   JPJ?  Seriously?

I didn't realize that they all stay so connected behind the scenes when all is said and done.  Blake seemed so sincere to me...wth???

10/10 only because I rarely watch anything besides sports and news but I rush home for anything BIP/Bachelor/ette related.  Hooked.

Queer Eye - the episode with the semi-hoarder guy who lived in his (deceased) parent's mostly unchanged home and is a super nice guy in a rut and ashamed of his home.  His dog has recently passed and, by the end, he's adopted a new dog.  His transformation is amazing.

10/10 (I cried)

34 minutes ago, Mango3 said:

LOVED BROADCHURCH. I feel in love with Olivia Coleman, which is why i was so excited they choose her to play the Queen. 

European television ( i watch quite a few of their shows on netflix) are just so solid. 

The FIVE, Happy Valley, Doctor Foster were also great!

The one thing watching Broadchurch reminded me was how awful Chris Chibnall (showrunner, creator and writer) of Broadchurch and horribly miscast Jodie Whittaker (also in Broadchurch) are in the new season of Doctor Who.

Chibnall knows nothing about Sci-Fi/comedy about being a showrunner for Doctor Who, and Whittaker is either a terrible comedic actor, or horribly miscast (thinking more of the latter, but still a bit of both). 

Speaking about Coleman, while terribly in demand, she would have been a much more solid choice (and likely the best choice) for the latest Doctor and first female Doctor over Whittaker. But, in addressing the “in demand” part, very much not a possibility, as she was already well into her film career, and was already a supporting character and scene stealer in Fleabag.