The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

• 2 weeks later...

Cobra Kai Season 1 and 2.  ....    10 Crane Kicks out of 10

Just check out this season 3 announcement.... genius

its worth signing up for the one month free youTube premium just for the 80's soundtrack and scenes like Johnny and Danny driving in a car together, singing and bopping their heads to "Take It On The Run" by REO Speedwagon.

Sometimes too much Degrassi High inside a Dojo but the nostalgia is gold. 

The Mandalorian

New Star Wars live action series on Disney+. First episode out today, with following episodes to premier every Friday.

For the first episode, I’m going to be generous and give it a 5/10. A few corny, misplaced “jokes” that Star Wars has now become known for. Easy humour that’s neither funny nor clever. Certainly shows promise, which is why the 5/10. It’s also the pilot, and pilot episodes are usually the worst of the bunch.

11DC0712-04F2-4FDE-9F27-715C433C55E8.jpeg

Just now, Shift-4 said:

Any issues with new streaming service?

It was a little wonky this morning. Some of the titles (ie: The Simpson’s, etc) weren’t working, but they’ve already fixed those bugs (maybe within the 20 minutes that they noticed it). 

Was a little slow to load as well, but I’m certain that’ll be rectified soon. It’s also hard not to compare it to Netflix, which has quite literally had to almost a decade to perfect streaming. 

• Cheers 2

36 minutes ago, Monty said:

It was a little wonky this morning. Some of the titles (ie: The Simpson’s, etc) weren’t working, but they’ve already fixed those bugs (maybe within the 20 minutes that they noticed it). 

Was a little slow to load as well, but I’m certain that’ll be rectified soon. It’s also hard not to compare it to Netflix, which has quite literally had to almost a decade to perfect streaming. 

My original plan was to wait until this coming weekend to binge the show. But now that I see it will have weekly episode releases I think I will wait a few weeks to purchase service.
It can be a winter solstice present to me  lol

• Haha 1

The Mandalorian - Episode 2

Watched it two days ago, gave it time to settle a bit.

As a continuation from episode 1, it did well. No goofy “prequel flashbacks” moments that the first episode had. No noteworthy slapstick bits like that. Which was a positive. While there were fewer characters in this episode, I think it made it a better episode than the first. I know for the first they had to introduce more, which actually made those moments the most positive out of that episode.

That said, if you’re a person/nerd that cares about continuity or the Star Wars world building at all, you’ll find the Jawa centred episode a real tough one to get passed. Like all worlds, and even in the Star Wars one, inhabitants of one world only live in that one world (ie: evolved). The fact that they are also on this large planet, as well as Tatooine, a planet that is light years away, is weird. Didn’t actually make the episode worse at all for me, because they were handled well in the story. But I can see why people found that difficult to get passed.

Top Boy series was revived thanks to Drake. 

They’ve renamed the first two seasons Top Boy: Summerhouse and new season which is about 6-7 years later just Top Boy. 

If you’re into gritty uk shows you might like this. Season 3 was good but not as good as seasons 1 & 2. 

On 11/23/2019 at 9:15 AM, Shift-4 said:

Ray Donovan 

It has some good moments and some B level cheese moments. Overall I like it.

I'm on to the second season. Definite upgrade when I see Data as a counsellor  lol

The funniest part of that whole series is when Mick is smacking those asses like bongo drums (you'll see).

The Mandalorian - Episode 3

So, I wanted to wait 3 days before I gave my thoughts, to see how much of the series episodes I actually remembered.

Maybe it was the mood I was in, but I honestly can’t remember one thing about this last episode. Maybe I need to watch it again, as my mind might have been preoccupied. But as of right now, this was a bad episode, only because I can’t remember one thing from it :lol: