The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

6 hours ago, Down by the River said:

If anyone liked Tiger King, you might want to read this. A lot of background not covered by the show:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/09/joe-exotic-and-his-american-animals.html

Documentaries are a strange beast they cut so much to up the entertainment value.I still haven't watched one that was even 70% truthful

29 minutes ago, Violator said:

Documentaries are a strange beast they cut so much to up the entertainment value.I still haven't watched one that was even 70% truthful

They left out the fact that Joe's family was actually very wealthy. He had a $250,000 trust from his grandfather and his parents received a large settlement when his brother died in an accident. Joe tricked everyone into believing that his brother really wanted a bunch of animals from Africa and that they should start a zoo in his honor.

The link I posted is long, but it definitely showed Carole in a more favorable light than the Netflix documentary. 

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

They left out the fact that Joe's family was actually very wealthy. He had a $250,000 trust from his grandfather and his parents received a large settlement when his brother died in an accident. Joe tricked everyone into believing that his brother really wanted a bunch of animals from Africa and that they should start a zoo in his honor.

The link I posted is long, but it definitely showed Carole in a more favorable light than the Netflix documentary. 

Three episodes in nobody is likeable

Its crazy how many of these zoos are around.

Quarry ? 7.5/10 

season one 

just wondering if anyone has watched this show and knows if it will be continued. Thought it was intriguing and just starting to get going... if you haven’t see it at all it starts slow but keeps your attention. There’s sex, nudity and all the usual things you find nowadays in shows  . I guess I could google it but I’m bored and just would like to see if anyone else has seen it 

• 3 weeks later...

Better Call Saul - Season 5

Just gets better and better. Can’t wait for season 6.

Ozark - Season 3

I enjoyed season 1 and finished season 2 a few weeks ago, after stopping it a year ago. Just didn’t really like the second season. Season 3 is great. The end, setting up season 4, is predictable and sort of a “Well, we haven’t done this yet, so now let’s go in this predictable direction.” That’s the only unsatisfying thing.

However, the brother’s portrayal of someone suffering from mental illness and being bi-polar is phenomenal. Probably the most sensitive, haunting, sad, and accurate portrayal on film/tv in a while.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Monty said:

However, the brother’s portrayal of someone suffering from mental illness and being bi-polar is phenomenal. Probably the most sensitive, haunting, sad, and accurate portrayal on film/tv in a while.

That’s what I was gonna comment on too. Meant to hop on here and post but forgot. What a performance that was. It nearly had me tearing up a couple of times. 

• Cheers 1

I have been enjoying Peaky Blinders and an old favorite Highlander: the Series (Filmed in Vancouver for half the year and Paris for the last half).  The whole, "There Can Be Only One" thing I love.  Honorable mentioned, The Big Show's Show on Netflix.  If you have been a wrestling fan for any time in your life you might get a kick out of it. B)

Edited by dpn1

Hunters on Amazon

Part Schindlers list, part Inglorious Basterds, part Oceans Eleven, part comic book hero, add in some seventies vibes

Hard hitting scenes of holocaust, mixed with over the top violence, mixed with some camp

If the first scene puts you off then you should pass on the rest. The second scene is a discussion on Darth Vader.... enough said

Some great acting and some of the most vile characters I have ever seen, Including the Secretary of State and the American Nazi psychopath.

Money Heist: 6.5/10

Feel like I should have watched the show with subtitles rather than dubbing, because the voice actors just don't match my impression of a lot of the characters. The enjoyable part is the scheme; how they get out of certain scenarios, the planning behind the plot, etc. The bad thing is almost everything else. 

On 4/21/2020 at 8:36 PM, Sean Monahan said:

That’s what I was gonna comment on too. Meant to hop on here and post but forgot. What a performance that was. It nearly had me tearing up a couple of times. 

It was heartbreaking. However the actor prepared for the role, he got it right. That performance was proof positive that acting is much more than just the script your character was given. So much of his performance was in the delivery and his pain. You can’t write that. Unreal.

• Cheers 1

The Last Dance: 7.5/10

Craving sports and this doc on the Bulls' dynasty(ies) helps with that... but it seems really disorganized. I could like the idea of going back and forth between 1998 and the journey that got them to that point... but overall it just seems like they jump around without a theme purpose. Like someone with severe ADHD directed it. Still worth watching.