The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

On 12/1/2017 at 9:32 PM, Incursio said:

The Punisher on Netflix - 5/5

One of the best Marvel shows on Netflix. It's right up there with DD for me.

Good characters, good story, good action. Just a really fun watch all around.

I found it to be pretty slow at times. Still a good watch, but a step or two behind Daredevil.

As someone who really enjoyed the first 3 seasons of Black Mirror, the 4th season has disappointed.

First two episodes were mediocre, but the third was just terrible. It was closer to a bad horror movie than everything else the show has done.

Not sure if it's worth watching the rest of the season. Had to watch some Seinfeld just to cleanse me from that episode.

• Upvote 1

The Good Place - Season 1

On Netflix now. From Michael Schur, who created Parks and Rec and Brooklyn 99. Stars Kristen Bell and Ted Danson. Bell is really good, but the supporting cast and Danson are absolutely terrific. Concept doesn’t get old, and as usual, episodes get better after the initial 2. 

Love it.

• Cheers 1

Black Mirror - Season 4 

Definitely the weakest of all the seasons. However, I’m still up for the episodes, as the “Twilight Zone on Acid” thing is better than no Twilight Zone. 

Its difficult for them to continue with what made BM famous from the get go. Everyone is looking for the twist or the shock ending, and then it ceases to be shocking. So now you’ve got to look at the story.

Some of them were interesting. While the Star Trek nerd in me loves the Star Trek episode, it’s not the strongest in the overall series; although, arguably the strongest this season. It’s commentary on getting sucked up in online gaming and how you’re a different person in the gaming world than IRL is interesting, although not exactly groundbreaking. And the ending is predictable. Mile a way, predictable. But still good.

The praised “Crocodile” episode was not good. I’m thinking the praise was simply because it fell in line with the dark endings of the better, earlier episodes in the series. But the story didn’t hit the highs in the earlier seasons episodes had.

Then there are filler episodes, like “Hang the DJ”. Which is just downright cringeworthy.

But nothing holds a candle to “Arkangel.” Not only the worst in the season, but probably the worst of the entire series. I’d have to go back and watch last season to know for sure, but it was laughably bad. The ending felt like a PG-13 rated ending to a W Network movie aimed at mothers and their daughters to treat each other better. Directed by Jodie Foster :mellow:

9 minutes ago, Monty said:

Black Mirror - Season 4 

Definitely the weakest of all the seasons. However, I’m still up for the episodes, as the “Twilight Zone on Acid” thing is better than no Twilight Zone. 

Its difficult for them to continue with what made BM famous from the get go. Everyone is looking for the twist or the shock ending, and then it ceases to be shocking. So now you’ve got to look at the story.

Some of them were interesting. While the Star Trek nerd in me loves the Star Trek episode, it’s not the strongest in the overall series; although, arguably the strongest this season. It’s commentary on getting sucked up in online gaming and how you’re a different person in the gaming world than IRL is interesting, although not exactly groundbreaking. And the ending is predictable. Mile a way, predictable. But still good.

The praised “Crocodile” episode was not good. I’m thinking the praise was simply because it fell in line with the dark endings of the better, earlier episodes in the series. But the story didn’t hit the highs in the earlier seasons episodes had.

Then there are filler episodes, like “Hang the DJ”. Which is just downright cringeworthy.

But nothing holds a candle to “Arkangel.” Not only the worst in the season, but probably the worst of the entire series. I’d have to go back and watch last season to know for sure, but it was laughably bad. The ending felt like a PG-13 rated ending to a W Network movie aimed at mothers and their daughters to treat each other better. Directed by Jodie Foster :mellow:

Yeah they may have jumped the shark (because Charlie Brooker probably has run out of great ideas).

The Star Trek one was well made I guess, but I couldn't help being extremely annoyed by the massive plot holes. E.g. somehow extracting memories and personality from DNA? Ok.

4 hours ago, ice orca said:

Yeah great show, rumors of a second season in the works.

this and the BBC show Peaky Blinders are probably my two favourite shows right now. Makes me wonder what CBC is doing with its billion dollars.... 

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2017 at 5:52 AM, Monty said:

It takes a while for it to get going. Honestly, the series gets a lot better once Seven of Nine joins the crew. The concept of her character brings a whole new dynamic to the show.

Man it took a month and a half for me to get through season two because I just didn't care enough about the crew. I think even Morn on DS9 has more depth of character than anyone on Voyager so far ... the two shows are polar opposites when it comes to character development, that's for sure. Still slowly watching though, currently in season 3 waiting for it to improve. In the meantime I've developed a fascination with the total uselessness of Commander Chipotle and a completely unwanted attraction to Botswana the roadrage turtlehead ...

(also, having watched BR 2049 last night it's going to be hard to "downgrade the graphics" and watch VOY for a few days, ha)

• Upvote 1

Big Little Lies on HBO. Very good show filled with drama, interesting twists and extremely complex characters with an all star cast. I can see why this show won so many Golden Globes. I'd recommend checking it out seeing as it's only an 8 episode season. They've just renewed it for a second season, and I'm looking forward to it.