The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mr. Lahey Has Left the Trailer Park. RIP

Warhippy

I was legitimately surprised and saddened when I heard the news this afternoon; actually got a little bit misty eyed over it.

Mr. Lahey and Randy did a show at a local bar in my town just 6 years ago. Afterwards once mostly everybody cleared out, he and I chatted at the bar while I was drunk and he had to be one of the most sociable, engaging, and friendly people you could hope to meet. I shook his hand afterward and he gave me a hug. He will be missed.

Well according to Variety they had a 12th season in the can which will be on in 2018.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/trailer-park-boys-john-dunsworth-mr-lahey-dead-1202591440/

Dunsworth was a Nova Scotia, Canada, native who was active in his local theater and acting community for decades. He first became part of what would become “Trailer Park Boys” when he played a version of the Jim Lahey character for the first time in the short film “One Last Shot.” He would go on to play the character–infamous for his drunken, bisexual escapades as a trailer park supervisor and police officer at different times in the series–throughout its initial seven season run in Canada and again when the show was revived by Netflix. The series is set to debut its twelfth season on Netflix in the coming year. He would also play the character in all of the “Trailer Park Boys” films and one-off specials.

• 5 months later...

Archived