The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Senaburrs @ 4:30 pm | SNP, TSN5

Beary Sweet

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

15 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Yes! No Chaput!

1. Thanks to @Beary Sweet for a nice GDT. As others have mentioned, the picture of Karlsson is impressive. He reminds me of a young Aragorn from LTOR. Both Karlsson and Aragorn seem like good guys, so I am not going to be jealous. The girl he is with looks pretty good too. Actually, maybe she is Arwen.

2. Seeing Chaput with the team is like deja vu all over again. If he just sits in the press box, ok, but if we need a guy to actually play how about Goldy? Anyway, with Sutter in, I assume (and hope) that Chaput is out. There is no way that he should replace Burmi. 

3. Hope Nilsson plays. Have been hearing comments on the radio to the effect that, when Marky plays well he should continue to start because he is hot and, if he does not play well he should start to give him a chance to bounce back and show he is a real #1. That does not make sense to me. Nilsson deserves a chance to compete for the #1 spot. Let's see what he can do. Marky will get more chances.

27 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I agree on the D. Tanev and Guddy should swap IMO.

Gudbranson and Del Zotto have been far too steady and consistent to break up.

Tanev, not having his regular partner in Edler, should have been tasked with waking Hutton up.

But Granlund should have been with the twins from the start.

He should be with whatever line has the greatest chance of creating offence, which really is Bo and Brock, but since the Sedins are still here, might as well give them Markus.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Gudbranson and Del Zotto have been far too steady and consistent to break up.

Tanev, not having his regular partner in Edler, should have been tasked with waking Hutton up.

He should be with whatever line has the greatest chance of creating offence, which really is Bo and Brock, but since the Sedins are still here, might as well give them Markus.

Agreed on both counts ideally. I also think Granlund would be far more complimentary to Horvat/Boeser than Baer is.

But we do need someone to play with the twins too. At least for this one last year and Granlund is by far the best fit short of sneaking Hansen back on to the Canucks.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Agreed on both counts ideally. I also think Granlund would be far more complimentary to Horvat/Boeser than Baer is.

Yes. Granlund is always on and ready to go. Sven is not.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

But we do need someone to play with the twins too. At least for this one last year and Granlund is by far the best fit short of sneaking Hansen back on to the Canucks.

I agree. It'll be nice for the team to no longer have to determine which player is the best fit on a line where two of the players are essentially immoveable.

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I forgot to say fabulous GDT Beary!....I was mesmerized by the moustache....

37 minutes ago, JamesB said:

1. Thanks to @Beary Sweet for a nice GDT. As others have mentioned, the picture of Karlsson is impressive. He reminds me of a young Aragorn from LTOR. Both Karlsson and Aragorn seem like good guys, so I am not going to be jealous. The girl he is with looks pretty good too. Actually, maybe she is Arwen.

2. Seeing Chaput with the team is like deja vu all over again. If he just sits in the press box, ok, but if we need a guy to actually play how about Goldy? Anyway, with Sutter in, I assume (and hope) that Chaput is out. There is no way that he should replace Burmi. 

3. Hope Nilsson plays. Have been hearing comments on the radio to the effect that, when Marky plays well he should continue to start because he is hot and, if he does not play well he should start to give him a chance to bounce back and show he is a real #1. That does not make sense to me. Nilsson deserves a chance to compete for the #1 spot. Let's see what he can do. Marky will get more chances.

Thanks to you both! Appreciate it! Came up with the idea last night and felt that it would kind of fun. And JamesB, I was looking for a funny picture of him and found that this would be interesting. Maybe I'll keep posting if our boys win tonight ;)Then I posted the GDT in the wrong section at first and quickly fixed it :lol: Glad you guys liked it. Hope the boys set the tone on the first game out on the road!

I would have liked to have seen Bo stay on the 2nd line with Brock and Baer, but then again, this could also be one of the many reasons I'm not a coach. 

Either way, 2-1 Canucks. Scorvat and Granny with the goals. Burr with #200 for the Sens. GCG

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough. Tonight is your chance to get a good look. Granlund is such an under the radar gem, he makes any line he's on better.

I'm thinking Chaput isn't even going to play.

Granlund = Hansen 2.0

Archived