The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Senaburrs @ 4:30 pm | SNP, TSN5

Beary Sweet

4 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

I know the quote you're talking about. In my opinion, it was just Boeser taking the high road. He's a class act. Some people take these quotes at face value, which is fair.

All I'm saying with all of this is I wish people wouldn't be so quick to find fault in how Green deploys the young guys this early on. Let's wait a little and see how the games played and average ice time per unfold before sharpening the pitchforks. Assuming Boeser is healthy all season I'm still not expecting him to play more than 60-65 games, and I don't view his playing all 82 as having any weight toward how successful his year is or isn't. 

3 minutes ago, Qwags said:

I like Gagner with the Sedins.

They had a shift there in the second and I was like wow they are playing well together.

really likening this Baerstchi-Burmistrov-Boeser line.. they move the puck really well and are fun to watch.. of course two goals makes everything better too! 

But their chemistry this game is undeniable.

like to see this for a couple games:

Sedin-Sedin-Gagner

Vanek-Horvat-Virtanen 

Baerstchi-Burmistrov-Boeser 

Granlund-Sutter-Dorsett 

Just now, Green Building said:

All I'm saying with all of this is I wish people wouldn't be so quick to find fault in how Green deploys the young guys this early on. Let's wait a little and see how the games played and average ice time per unfold before sharpening the pitchforks. Assuming Boeser is healthy all season I'm still not expecting him to play more than 60-65 games, and I don't view his playing all 82 as having any weight toward how successful his year is or isn't. 

What are your thoughts on Henrik and Daniel playing all 82 games then? Keep in mind that Lebron F'n James sits out every now and then in the NBA. The guy is a MONSTER, but he still sits for maintenance. Both leagues have 82 game schedules, so I think it's a fair comparison. I don't agree with benching Boeser for the sake of rotating the young players. I feel they should sit whomever looks fatigued, or whomever is not playing to their full potential.

Archived