The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Senaburrs @ 4:30 pm | SNP, TSN5

Beary Sweet

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Yes. Drouin was also traded for Sergachev and some people, whether here or not, wondered if moving Drouin would hurt the Lightning. It appears not as they're off to a pretty good start.

Lightning got a good deal with that trade. Serg is going to be a star in this league moving forward. Drouin is good but not Kucherov good. 

Kucherov is an elite sniper. All world. Drouin is not close to that and may never be. Albeit very skilled he's not elite yet. Only a handful of players in the league can be compared to Kucherov.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Lightning got a good deal with that trade. Serg is going to be a star in this league moving forward. Drouin is good but not Kucherov good. 

Kucherov is an elite sniper. All world. Drouin is not close to that and may never be. Albeit very skilled he's not elite yet. Only a handful of players in the league can be compared to Kucherov.

Again, I wasn't comparing the 2 players or suggesting they moved the wrong one.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Lebron is a monster, and I can't say that I know the difference between NBA now and in the 90's (other than for better or for worse it's baby ball now as everything is a foul versus elbows and really hard ball being played in Jordan's era, but I respect Jordan for being the star and not taking games off in small markets. He knew people went to games to see the Bulls all star lineup. As long as he was healthy he never copped out. Lemiex always pissed me off in Vancouver becasue he rarely played here. The Pens games I saw in Van never had him in the lineup, but that's a little different as he was battling a host of health problems so I never held it against him. Or if I did, I don't still as I understand. 

The Twins and Boeser are on opposite ends of their careers so it's an unfair comparison, but if they are a healthy scratch at some point this season I think that would cause all kinds of fervor in Canuck land. At this point in time I don't see who we'd replace them with, there's also that.

I view the Sedins at this point, as the same as I viewed Linden in his final year. AV had no problem scratching Linden, if you remember. They are senior players, and I think there's no shame in them sitting them out some nights. If anything it will keep them fresh for the next game. I get they can blast up the Grouse grind, but that's different than physically grinding it out against guys in their 20's night in and night out. 

17 minutes ago, Green Building said:

I'm not suggesting moving Boeser to the Twins line, but the shift he took with them after the PK Granlund worked on almost yielded a wide open Boeser one timer in the slot. I wouldn't be opposed to more of that, but Granlund worked well there last season.

Maybe it's just Boeser - makes any lines he's on look good! :)

Archived