The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Senaburrs @ 4:30 pm | SNP, TSN5

Beary Sweet

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sutter is good to go tonight.

True. The Canucks managed against the Sens far better than the other two "superior" teams did.

I think Benning made a great move with Derrick.

One of the meanest players to ever play the game. Could use his truculence, but his skates are dipped in cement.

Daily Faceoff, such a reliable source.

Good to go, good to know - he'll be needed against that group even if he's not 100%.

That's the thing imo about recalling Chaput as opposed to Goldobin.   We could try to run and gun the Sens and get rekt, or we can recall a solid defensive center and let Goldobin season his game without the puck in Utica (he'll be up soon enough).

Daily Faceoff actually isn't that bad - I prefer them over their competition.  LWL is almost always inaccurate - and ironically, have Gaunce in tonight's lineup - updated yesterday., Chirphockey has Eriksson with the Sedins, Boucher on the 2nd line, Edler in, Pouliot out....updated today.

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

and ironically, have Gaunce in tonight's lineup

Speaking of Gaunce, Gaunce did travel with the team and he's set to be back on Nov 1. I suspect Gaunce gets sent to Utica for a conditioning stint anyway so we might not even see him until mid-way to the end of November. 

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Good to go, good to know - he'll be needed against that group even if he's not 100%.

That's the thing imo about recalling Chaput as opposed to Goldobin.   We could try to run and gun the Sens and get rekt, or we can recall a solid defensive center and let Goldobin season his game without the puck in Utica (he'll be up soon enough).

Daily Faceoff actually isn't that bad - I prefer them over their competition.  LWL is almost always inaccurate - and ironically, have Gaunce in tonight's lineup - updated yesterday., Chirphockey has Eriksson with the Sedins, Boucher on the 2nd line, Edler in, Pouliot out....updated today.

are-you-kidding-me.gif

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Same. Not a core player at all. Same with Hutton.

I’ll give Baer some time, he’s started this way last season too. I’ll agree though that I definitely am a bigger fan of Granlund than Baer. 

Hutton’s been a bit of a conundrum for me. Makes a bonehead play behind our own net and costs us a goal, but then makes several excellent reads, including breaking up a two-on-one last game. IMO, he’s gripping the stick too hard and over thinking what he needs to do out there to be effective. He’s a very good skater with good offensive zone skills... I’d definitely like to see him carry the puck up ice more often and try to create plays. 

32 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think Boeser looks like less of a rookie than Baertschi does though, so I could see how you made that mistake.

I agree - but Boeser is an exceptional type of prospect - steps in and looks seasoned, with elite hockey intelligence, from day 1.

Baertschi on the other hand seems to need a month or two every season before hitting his stride - not sure what it is about his confidence, but he's repeatedly needed time to get on a roll.  Even then, I think the team is deepening it's youth, and he's upticked and likely to be moved for more value than was spent to acquire him, so no big deal.  Won't be surprised if something gives where Edler or Hutton are concerned either, even after losing Sbisa and Tryamkin.   If they fall off the pace fairly rapidly without Edler around, he might be the guy to be moved this year, if not, perhaps Hutton - but they do have moveable assets.

Archived