The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Vanek is going to be a fun playerr to watch when he's angry because he brings a lot of emotion. Drops about a million f bombs here and there, turns on goon mode, makes funny ass face expressions, and then takes a slapshot on a breakaway angrily. I didn't even cheer when he scored, i straight up laughed and thought that was one of the most funniest goals ive seen. Just the sheer anger in his face during that breakaway and that slapper, LOL

Vanek is much better than been given credit for in here...shadow of his former self, but still see the flashes.

If played 82 games with 22 and 33....would be leading scorer of the 3.

I actually didn't mind him there...similar mindsets.

Would've been cool to watch as a line in 2009-11

Always thought Teemu Selanne would have made the best RW for the twins...this guy right up there(10yrs ago:()

1 hour ago, HomeBrew said:

Its the ol' Kesler progression I think. Kesler never made that extra step in his game where he made his linemates better, but could generate enough for himself to become an elite 2nd line center in this league. The same could be said of Horvat in his future progress, in that he either develops that side of his game and has the potential to carry a 1st line, or he could top out as a 2nd line center. Whatever he becomes though I am sure it will be still be good, as in my opinion, Kesler was one of our key core guys and I have faith that we can develop another 1st line center - hopefully Pettersson. 

I guess you are right. If he tops out as 2nd line center that will be good especially with Pettersson developing as 1st line center. But man we would rock if we have two elite centermen in Horvat and Pettersson. We could have Bergeron-Krejci type combo.

2 minutes ago, nickels said:

Vanek is much better than been given credit for in here...shadow of his former self, but still see the flashes.

If played 82 games with 22 and 33....would be leading scorer of the 3.

I actually didn't mind him there...similar mindsets.

Would've been cool to watch as a line in 2009-11

Always thought Teemu Selanne would have made the best RW for the twins...this guy right up there(10yrs ago:()

Jeremy Davis (Canucks Army) had a pretty good piece a few days ago that supports what you're saying. Worth a look if you haven't already read it:

https://canucksarmy.com/2017/10/14/sedins-and-vanek-quietly-dominate-play-with-vigneault-like-zone-deployment/

9 minutes ago, Odd. said:

This is the year I'm actually cheering for the Oilers to win because if they lose this season, you already know they're winning lottery and somehow get Dahlin then it's game over for 10 years

Could you imagine? **** that would suck.

10 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Man, your so offensive. For a grown man you really don't act your age. It's clear this is why your reputation is less than scum on these boards. Fix yourself or don't speak. Get it?

The handle Camel Toe is extremely offensive to women.

Double standards.

28 minutes ago, atillaMYhun said:

Someone please explain to me how this makes any sense?  January?

Yep, there was another lockout on Bettman's watch that year. It was a half season. 

On a tangent, there was once a Japanese CEO who killed himself in the board room after utterly failing. Just throwing that tidbit out there.

Archived