The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators

-Vintage Canuck-

I am so very sorry!!!

I am afraid my friends its all on me. I missed game 1 and the team had a great result. I watched the next 3 games and the performance was not so good. Then I missed todays game once again.

I think its in everyones best interest if I just check in again next June and see them lift the cup.

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Boy that Burmistrov, Boeser and Baertschi line had some fantastic chemistry. Burmistrov goes from fringe 4th liner to what may be our 1st line center.

Going to have to find someone new to play with Horvat now because he's been quiet lately. I'd like to see what an infusion of skill would do, perhaps Goldobin or Gagner or Granlund?

Hutton and Gudbranson were embarassed a few too many times tonight whilst MDZ and Pouliot looked nice and stable.

Obviously Nilsson was brilliant, lots of ugly rebounds but he tracked them well. This starting job is now his to lose.

Horvat played with Gagner and Vanek.  Gagner alternated with Granlund on the Sedins wing mid-way through the 2nd onwards (as Granlund was also playing on the Sutter line) but he still took his regular shifts on the Horvat-Vanek line.  

Interesting to see people still hating on Hutton, thought he looked a lot better, like a lot a lot better then the previous games. Was skating the puck very well, just needs to work on the final step (shot or pass). He is leading Canucks +/- at this stage with +2.

Nice to see Brock playing well, love how he always seems to have time when the puck is on his stick.

Jake is playing fast and physical, sucks to see him benched in the 3rd but I'm sure Green knows what he is doing.

Nilsson seems to fight the puck a few times, but got the shutout so good for him. Think the whole defensive unit did a good job, not allowing too many grade A chances.

6 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

His skill needs re-evaluation, so hard to say if he is underrated or not. At the end of last year, he showed flashes of skill and finish, but he was pretty damn bad before that.

Maybe he doesn't have the pressure anymore to live up to top 10 pick status.

Benning said he was good late last year. If he has another good year he could parlay into multi year deal.

I prefer him over Gagner better speed and 2 way play he seems to be maturing.

I think he could have good chemistry with Goldy.

I don't think I've ever seen a more even split of forward ice-time on this team and it seems to fit these players well. All our centers pretty much got the same ice time. The Sedins had a strong game, generated 2 or 3 A-grade scoring chances and they were down at 12 minutes a night. 

Green is rolling 4 lines and it paid off in a big way tonight. Hope to see more from Horvat but the UFAs Benning brought in so far are helping in a big way.

6 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Man, your so offensive. For a grown man you really don't act your age. It's clear this is why your reputation is less than scum on these boards. Fix yourself or don't speak. Get it?

C'mon chill out a little man watch some sports with a tall cold one.

It was a joke. Or is the Hangover movies not funny anymore..

Softer and softer as a society every day.

7 hours ago, Green Building said:

You're right, they'll be more of a future financial mess than they look to be now. It's the principle though, and I would find it an aggravating coincidence. I doubt I'd stop watching, that would be an over-reaction, but somehow it would all be Messier's fault. 

If the ‘white elephant’ contracts and the cap can find a way punish teams that tank on purpose and get the top picks, I would be all for it. 

2 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

I am so very sorry!!!

I am afraid my friends its all on me. I missed game 1 and the team had a great result. I watched the next 3 games and the performance was not so good. Then I missed todays game once again.

I think its in everyones best interest if I just check in again next June and see them lift the cup.

Brace yerself for the frozen mukluk!

10 hours ago, Qwags said:

Marky looked happy. When was the last time we got a shutout?

Not sure if someone else responded, but from my count, 9 February in a 3-0 win vs Columbus. Jayson Megna scored.

1 hour ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

If there was ever a guy to replace Don Cherry, this is the guy, get him a funky suit already. 

As an analyst for HNIC in he invented a word " pansification" for his views of the league and whether or not fighting has a place in the league which probably are fairly in line with Cherry's views.

Mad Mikes GM record is best known for trading Luongo and Olli Jokinen so he could draft DiPietro, and then trading Chara and the second overall pick which became Spezzas for Yashin...ugh.

He's definitely got the clown aura, and is old school.

Game thoughts. 

As predicted, a Canucks win.   Sens were riding high from their road trip and got their captain back.  Canucks were ready to work.  Result showed this.  

Nice game by Nilsson. A bit sloppy with some odd rebounds, but he moves well and used his size excellently. 

Vanek - quietly very happy with him.  Like his character, and he gets onto the score sheet.  

MDZ - Wow.  He’s been so good.   He finds someone for a near breakaway every game.  Been solid in his own end.  Very pleased with this signing as well. 

Burmistrov - love how well he forechecks.  Did not see that coming.  He’s been tenacious and has some skill.  Hope he stays in the lineup.

Boeser - Kid looks more and more confident.  Only player on the roster I see beating 55 points. 

Pouliot - looks more comfortable and starting to make plays.  I think we have a player here. 

Tanev - solid as usual

Gudbranson - another solid performance. He’s been willie Mitchell like with positioning and using his stick. 

Horvat. -  meh again. 

Sedins - lol again. 

Gagner - worst of the summer signings   Don’t care for his game at all. 

21 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Game thoughts. 

As predicted, a Canucks win.   Sens were riding high from their road trip and got their captain back.  Canucks were ready to work.  Result showed this.  

Nice game by Nilsson. A bit sloppy with some odd rebounds, but he moves well and used his size excellently. 

Vanek - quietly very happy with him.  Like his character, and he gets onto the score sheet.  

MDZ - Wow.  He’s been so good.   He finds someone for a near breakaway every game.  Been solid in his own end.  Very pleased with this signing as well. 

Burmistrov - love how well he forechecks.  Did not see that coming.  He’s been tenacious and has some skill.  Hope he stays in the lineup.

Boeser - Kid looks more and more confident.  Only player on the roster I see beating 55 points. 

Pouliot - looks more comfortable and starting to make plays.  I think we have a player here. 

Tanev - solid as usual

Gudbranson - another solid performance. He’s been willie Mitchell like with positioning and using his stick. 

Horvat. -  meh again. 

Sedins - lol again. 

Gagner - worst of the summer signings   Don’t care for his game at all. 

Yup. Pretty much agree with all of this. I have horvats  "meh" slightly above the twins "lol". Horvat won a boat load of faceoffs. I would put his play more average and the twins bad. 

Also stretcher had a quietly good game in his own end. He was beating forwards to the puck and quickly transitioning to the rush. I don't normally check advanced stats nor do I care about them but I'm willing to bet his corsi was very good last night. I don't know what greens problem with him is. 

Archived