The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tillman wants the NHL in Houston

I'm ok with expansion to 32 teams... would even up all the divisions with 8 teams. 

My only problem would be with Jimbo picking our expansion list again. Hopefully he's fired or has no say in it come the 32nd team expansion. Of the 30 teams, considering we finished 2nd last place, it's embarrassing that Jimbo gave them their 2nd best player. Neal being the 1st and Sbisa being the 2nd. 

:bigblush:

24 minutes ago, Hobble said:

That's perfect, because I heard the arena playing surface is already flooded.

(too soon?:ph34r:)

Not funny.  I live here in the Houston metro. I have friends that lost everything, and won't be back into their homes for months to come.  We had to repair our roof and replace the sheet rock and insulation at our house. The scale of the damage is insane.  The thousands of people that are now homeless is tremendous.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I was under the impression that Vegas was going to get the 3rd lotto position for multiple years - maybe @SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME knows?

Haha, put me on the spot why don't ya. :lol:

I'm honestly not 100% sure.

But my recollection is that they don't get 3rd lotto position again this year (or in future years).

As far as I remember, it was proposed but rejected early on (multiple years of guaranteed high picks) in the expansion terms discussions, and the final decision was that they'd only get 3rd best odds for 2017, and then it'd be determined by the standings in future drafts.

Can't find a source on this but the 2018 lottery sims certainly don't have Vegas getting any special benefits.

Bruins owner and the chairman of the Board of the NHL Governors Jeremy Jacobs high on Houston and Seattle over Quebec

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Haha, put me on the spot why don't ya. :lol:

I'm honestly not 100% sure.

But my recollection is that they don't get 3rd lotto position again this year (or in future years).

As far as I remember, it was proposed but rejected early on (multiple years of guaranteed high picks) in the expansion terms discussions, and the final decision was that they'd only get 3rd best odds for 2017, and then it'd be determined by the standings in future drafts.

Can't find a source on this but the 2018 lottery sims certainly don't have Vegas getting any special benefits.

This is correct. 

Archived