The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Buffalo's Rhino?

On 19/10/2017 at 4:11 PM, SabreFan1 said:

I know.  That's what makes Reinhart attractive to a team like the Canucks.  If I were GMJB (Van's JB), I'd do everything in my power to try and cobble together a deal while the Sabres' new front office is still evaluating a slow-starting team.

What would the Sabres be looking for?  Picks?  Prospects?  Roster players (d or f)?

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Sorry just reminds me of Duchene a bit, another player with a high price tag that doesn't seem worth the risk.

No reason to be sorry.  I personally think he should be doing better than he is, but he's definitely not trending downwards.... yet.

lets say:

baertschi, hutton, subban & 2018 2nd for reinhart, 2018 3rd

maybe an overpayment by the Canucks, but reinhart was a 2nd OA so their going to have to really sweeten the deal for the Sabres to even consider

sam still has much potential and looks like he is starting to become a really solid top six winger that the canucks can really use

If we had more cap space, we could take the Moulson contract off their hands as an added sweetener. Then realistically we could give up Hutton and Baertschi for Reinhart and Moulson. Unfortunately we aren't in a position to do that. 

If we could get Reinhart right now for Baertschi, Hutton and a 2nd, I would seriously consider it. 

Buffalo is playing Sam as a 3rd line centre. I think Green can push him and get the most out of him. I think he would be happier living back in West Vancouver instead of Buffalo NY. I think Sam is young enough to still develop into a good top 6 centre. Sedins retire at the end of this year. 

We had offered Hutton + Goldobin for Evander Kane. 

That would likely be the starting point for any Sam Rienhart trade talks. 

I would offer Hutton, Sutter, + 2018 3rd. I think Sam is a high IQ hockey player and a good team guy. 

2018 season line up. 

Baertchi Horvat Boeser 

Granlund Burmistrov Goldobin

Virtanen Reinhart Vanek 

Eriksson Gagner Dorset 

Gaunce 

11 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Buffalo is playing Sam as a 3rd line centre. I think Green can push him and get the most out of him. I think he would be happier living back in West Vancouver instead of Buffalo NY. I think Sam is young enough to still develop into a good top 6 centre. Sedins retire at the end of this year. 

We had offered Hutton + Goldobin for Evander Kane. 

That would likely be the starting point for any Sam Rienhart trade talks. 

I would offer Hutton, Sutter, + 2018 3rd. I think Sam is a high IQ hockey player and a good team guy.

Reinhart is happy enough in Buffalo...

Archived