The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins

taskicon

This idea of a goalie controversy doesn't hold water with me, it's seems pretty straightforward, you win you're in, you lose you cruise the pine. Let's say the team wins  6-5 and you let in a few softies then perhaps TG will decide to switch it up,  or we are faced with a back to back so both will play regardless, or maybe you lose a game 2-1 and faced 40+ quality shots where the defence was none existence so the coach may decide to stay with the same keeper for the next game.  Anyways to get to my point, I believe this team will have many moving parts all season and we have two similar goalies in many aspects who are both capable of providing solid defence so the coach will constantly be evaluating decisions all season long.  This would appear to be healthy for the team as a whole, the only people I see claiming there to be a controversy will be outsiders such as ourselves.

32 minutes ago, apollo said:

No Rask, it's too bad. He's been god awful this season... I have him in one of my pools. 

I hate when we play backups... they always play amazing.

I just read that, happened yesterday:

"Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask had to be helped off the ice after rookie forward Anders Bjorkcollided with him in front of the net during practice Wednesday.

Rask did not return and there was no immediate word on his condition."

https://www.nhl.com/news/tuukka-rask-injured-at-boston-practice/c-292051368

2 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

When is Goldobin going to get a chance, he's very deserving!

I'd like to see goldobin again, but I remember him not playing a 100 foot game, and who do you scratch to play a smallish winger who likely needs top 6 minutes to be effective?

With his speed and playmaking id like to see what he could do with Boeser though.

1 minute ago, Heretic said:

I just read that, happened yesterday:

"Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask had to be helped off the ice after rookie forward Anders Bjorkcollided with him in front of the net during practice Wednesday.

Rask did not return and there was no immediate word on his condition."

https://www.nhl.com/news/tuukka-rask-injured-at-boston-practice/c-292051368

I'm old       tuuka rask anders Bjork ?     just doesn't have that tuff bruins image

thH6HI4T5L.jpg

6 minutes ago, ThePeaceAwakens said:

This idea of a goalie controversy doesn't hold water with me, it's seems pretty straightforward, you win you're in, you lose you cruise the pine. Let's say the team wins  6-5 and you let in a few softies then perhaps TG will decide to switch it up,  or we are faced with a back to back so both will play regardless, or maybe you lose a game 2-1 and faced 40+ quality shots where the defence was none existence so the coach may decide to stay with the same keeper for the next game.  Anyways to get to my point, I believe this team will have many moving parts all season and we have two similar goalies in many aspects who are both capable of providing solid defence so the coach will constantly be evaluating decisions all season long.  This would appear to be healthy for the team as a whole, the only people I see claiming there to be a controversy will be outsiders such as ourselves.

The idea of a goalie controversy is created by the unimaginative local and national press looking to make something out of nothing.

Archived