-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Well on a positive note it was nice seeing Vanek and Bowie making things interesting. Would of been one helluva epic comeback. Vanek now leads the team in scoring and Brock still leads the team with points. 

All the work ethic, system etc etc is well and good..

They are probably our only 2 legitimate top echelon offensive players.

If we enter a shootout with anyone but these 2 going 1-2 ...Green will drop a notch in my heavy praise of him.

Edited by nickels

3 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

Kind of feel like an ass for almost being in tears of laughter.

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Vanek and Boeser may be players that want to score but the difference between the two Vanek does have the most meh celebration.

celly.gif?w=661&h=366

Does he ever raise his arms in the air after scoring? I noticed the same thing in the game against the Senators.

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

I guess that's why Team Canada picked him

ya world champ such a   bottom level tourny maybe if olympics 

All this team had to do in Boston was standup for themselves and they did ok there. 

McQuaid is awesome. Should have got this guy. 

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Does he ever raise his arms in the air after scoring? I noticed the same thing in the game against the Senators.

Maybe he's just embarrassed about a body odour.

41VpQxHkGQL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He's got that "act like u been thr before" mentality going on.  

Straight boss lol

On 10/20/2017 at 7:20 PM, captainhorvat said:

He's got that "act like u been thr before" mentality going on.  

Straight boss lol

Yeah and he's backing it up on the scoresheet. I was an early Vanek naysayer, but right now I'm glad JB signed him. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Maybe he's just embarrassed about a body odour.

41VpQxHkGQL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

I guess he was feeling unsure to raise his hands. 

3 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Thanks for bringing this up. The Sedins have both hacked on a young virtanen in the past.  They carry some considerable weight. Not inconceivable that their negative coments on  virtanen creep into the coach's treatment of him. Fair that they call out a young kid in public?

You shouldn't never call any team mate out in public... Team matter should stay behind close doors. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, spook007 said:

You shouldn't never call any team mate out in public... Team matter should stay behind close doors. 

Eh, yes, unless it's a last resort kind of thing where nothing else seems to be working. Not saying that was the case here, just in general.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Eh, yes, unless it's a last resort kind of thing where nothing else seems to be working. Not saying that was the case here, just in general.

I'm against the practice in general of calling out team mates in public.

I think it ruins morale within the group. Though there may come a time, where its in desperation... 

I remember WD calling out a few players, an it alienated him with a lot of fans. As was said at the time, what about the rest.

However with Kassian, they tried to help him, as nothing else did, so you are right.

16 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I'm against the practice in general of calling out team mates in public.

I think it ruins morale within the group. Though there may come a time, where its in desperation... 

I remember WD calling out a few players, an it alienated him with a lot of fans. As was said at the time, what about the rest.

However with Kassian, they tried to help him, as nothing else did, so you are right.

Fair enough, so am I for the most part, and I pretty much agree with everything you said. Although WD alienating fans wouldn't have mattered if he produced more wins. 

8 hours ago, Qwags said:

Our PK needs to be better. We missed Guddy.

We may have missed Guddy but we undoubtedly missed Edler more. 

Why do our fans underestimate his value to our defence. Most of our D are pussies compared to Guddy and Edler. I feel sorry for Stech because he has the heart to kick ass but unfortunately he was shortchanged at the checkout.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Hutton was a joke. An absolute joke. 

I thought he played ok in the circumstances but he has to get tougher/meaner. It's his inability/reluctance to take the man that leads to all his problems. He could take a lot of direction from Biega, who I think should have been playing against a team like Boston.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Green Building said:

Fair enough, so am I for the most part, and I pretty much agree with everything you said. Although WD alienating fans wouldn't have mattered if he produced more wins. 

Yes you're right GB... 

If WD could have turned them in to cup winners, he could have marched them all stark naked singing 'O Canada' down Granville, while shouting obscenities at them, for all I care ::D

5 hours ago, luckylager said:

A I pvr'd. Long sigh.

Guddy- guess we gotta take the Gud with some bad?. I'm not sure why you'd ever turn your back on him in that situation. I sure wouldn't 

And the whole "so what's an instigator anyways?" thing. I'm confused.

I'm sorry to complain, but Gagne is a wimp, finish a check dammit. So much weak sauce going on out there with him. If Vanek wasn't doing his job; woulda been just another limp wrister to the net. At least he found a lane, I guess. The twins need to finish their checks too. Marchand wouldn't have scored if Hank finished his check two seconds prior to..

Now that I'm done complaining-

Excluding our major PK, the youth played really well, and Baer played his best game of the year.

Loved Boeser serving notice on blocking his shots. Snipes ankles from 6-8 ft... OUCH!

The DoPS is a sham. We're lucky to have Dorsett 

I think you are probably right but in a harder team he might be ok.

This is what troubles me about JB, he seems to ignore the fact that we are already a soft team when he makes acquisitions - that seems stupid to me. None of Eriksson, Gagner, Pouliot, Vanek, Burmistrov have any meanness in them at all. Del Zotto just gets by. 

If you already have players like Baertschi, Horvat, Sutter, the Twins, Granlund, Boeser, Tanev, Stecher, Hutton, we should be trying to add toughness not more softness.

• Upvote 1