-Vintage Canuck-

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Boston Bruins

Rate this topic

The game is killed by the 5 mins plenty.

Boston wins with the helping of Refs.

Canucks need more Guddy quality D-man to replace Elder.

Sit Hutton two games and bring up young players.

Good to see Canucks coming back in the 2nd period/3 period. I see the bright future of Canucks.

Sutter and Granlund are quite for these few games. 

Sedins are not our super stars any more.

Sit them alternatively, and try more young forwarders & help our future.

Markstorm is not good. Next game please use Nelisson in starting.

We need more physical players like Guddy, Jake, Dorsett.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

The game is killed by the 5 mins plenty.

Boston wins with the helping of Refs.

Canucks need more Guddy quality D-man to replace Elder.

Sit Hutton two games and bring up young players.

Good to see Canucks coming back in the 2nd period/3 period. I see the bright future of Canucks.

Sutter and Granlund are quite for these few games. 

Sedins are not our super stars any more.

Sit them alternatively, and try more young forwarders & help our future.

Markstorm is not good. Next game please use Nelisson in starting.

We need more physical players like Guddy, Jake, Dorsett.

I'm trying to figure out if you even watched the game as 'Nelisson' started and wasn't sharp. That's to be expected when you have been a borderline starter in the league and you now play on another team steamrolling towards a high draft pick. Both goalies are going to have their fair share of bad nights.

While most would agree that Hutton is struggling, benching him is a poor idea. This team really isn't going anywhere so a much better idea is to let him play his way out of it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

I'm trying to figure out if you even watched the game as 'Nelisson' started and wasn't sharp. That's to be expected when you have been a borderline starter in the league and you now play on another team steamrolling towards a high draft pick. Both goalies are going to have their fair share of bad nights.

While most would agree that Hutton is struggling, benching him is a poor idea. This team really isn't going anywhere so a much better idea is to let him play his way out of it.

Jim and Trever said they are making the play off's. Are you saying they are lying? You don't believe them?

Bruins D McQuaid out two months (Thanks to Boeser)!

http://www.tsn.ca/bruins-d-mcquaid-out-two-months-1.891032

•  
  •  

Boston Bruins defenceman Adam McQuaid is out for eight weeks after breaking his right leg on Thursday against the Vancouver Canucks.

The team announced Friday McQuaid will undergo surgery on his broken right fibula on Monday and will need two months to recover.

The 31-year-old sustained the injury blocking a shot in his team's 6-3 win against Vancouver. He needed help from teammates to leave the ice.

McQuaid is averaging 14:42 of ice time per game this season and owns one assist.

The defenceman has played in 60 or more games for the Bruins in each of the past three seasons.

Edited by TheRick

If that hit was on Lucic, or a player of size, then there would be no suspension. Maybe not even a penalty, but Vatrano crumpled like a soggy paper bag. It wasn't a good game by the Canucks, can't even blame Nilsson as the D was just bad. BOS smelled blood with that 5 minute major and the Canucks were scrambling trying to defend. They had some chances to get back in the game, but couldn't finish their scoring chances. Pastrnak is a sick player, damn that goal was impressive. Or was it the Canucks D that made it impressive?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Jim and Trever said they are making the play off's. Are you saying they are lying? You don't believe them?

How is it lying? Lying implies you know the end outcome and are purposefully deceiving someone. We don't know the end outcome of the season. This team COULD make the playoffs; it's not outside the realm of possibility. I know you are pessimistic (but probably refer to yourself as a 'realist') but others like myself are optimistic of what the future holds.

What are they supposed to say anyways? Hey fans, we plan to suck forever until our version of McJesus arrives through the draft. Strap in and get ready for 15 years of misery folks. The good news is there is only about 11 more seasons to endure. Wow what a great way to sell tickets and generate interest in the team.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

Hutton is struggling, not only this game, benching him for short time might not a bad idea. However, Guddy just got a suspension and the coach might use him again in to-night's game. Go Hutton Go.

Agreed Nilsson was not sharp last night but only the 5 min penalty time.  He was very good in his first game. Suggest to use him again seeing what will be going on.

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

He also continued to play the game with his broken leg.

Soon when people know more about Boeser they'll want to keep away from his bullets. Block his shot at your own risk

I'm normally a fan of ferraro, I normally appreciate his viewpoint even when I don't necessarily agree, but early this week or late last week he was asked about boeser's shot by matt and blake and said that unlike virtanen, boeser's shot isn't really heavy, it's just really accurate and a quick release. 

I couldn't help but wonder if maybe he was in a bit over his head trying to answer questions he didn't have the necessary information to answer. I'm not sure he's watched brock play a single time if he doesn't think his shot is heavy. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RonMexico said:

How is it lying? Lying implies you know the end outcome and are purposefully deceiving someone. We don't know the end outcome of the season. This team COULD make the playoffs; it's not outside the realm of possibility. I know you are pessimistic (but probably refer to yourself as a 'realist') but others like myself are optimistic of what the future holds.

What are they supposed to say anyways? Hey fans, we plan to suck forever until our version of McJesus arrives through the draft. Strap in and get ready for 15 years of misery folks. The good news is there is only about 11 more seasons to endure. Wow what a great way to sell tickets and generate interest in the team.

You are the one who just said in your previous post

2 hours ago, RonMexico said:

This team really isn't going anywhere so a much better idea is to let him play his way out of it.

So now your contradicting yourself...  enough said lol

28 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

You are the one who just said in your previous post

So now your contradicting yourself...  enough said lol

**GOLF CLAP** loose correlation at best.

Edited by RonMexico

On 10/19/2017 at 6:45 PM, Roberts said:

Here's how many goals Canucks have scored each game so far: 3, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

:mellow:

That means Canucks will score 3 goals again next game?! LOL I don't think it is that easy to predict.

They will face the wild next game. It shouldn't be a tough game. 

I'm sure it was posted somewhere in here , but anyone have the Virtanen Kronwall hit video ? 

:) 

Nerermind. 

Deleted. Wrong thread post. Lol. 

Edited by cuporbust